Betty x Sweet Pea

sometimes I feel like I'm posting into the void.

Betty POV:

I walked to the couch where my father was sitting and took a seat beside him, resting my head on his shoulder.

"You okay?" Hal, my dad, asked softly as he wrapped an arm over my shoulders.

"Not really" I said and he gave me a frown.

"What's wrong honey?" He asked me as he turned off the tv, giving me his full attention.

"It's Sweet Pea. He's really insistent on me not going on this date" I told him.

I have a date later tonight with Reggie Mantle, Riverdale High's best football player.

Sweet Pea hasn't exactly been the biggest fan of this date but today, he's been begging me not to go. I ask him for a reason but he just won't give me one. And I'm torn on what to do. On the one hand, I really want to go on this date because Reggie is nice and cute. On the other, Sweet Pea is my life long best friend. He's protective of me, sure, but he would never do something to take away from my happiness.

"Do you know why?" He asked me and I shook my head.

"And that's what is so frustrating, he will not tell me why. I want to go on this date but I don't want to go against what Sweet Pea is saying because I know he wouldn't do anything to hurt me" I said and he nodded his head.

"Do you think Sweet Pea might be jealous?" He asked me and I sighed.

"Why wouldn't he just tell me that? Our whole friendship is built on love, trust and respect for each other" I said and my dad gave me a soft chuckle.

"Betty honey, it's not so black and white. If he does like you, he's probably scared to tell you" he said and I let out a groan.

"Did you not just hear the whole trust, love and respect thing?" I said making him chuckle.

"So you have never been afraid to tell Sweet Pea something? Remember that time you accidentally got bleach on his favourite jumper?" He said as he raised an eyebrow.

"I guess" I mumbled as I looked to my hands.

"Do you want a suggestion?" He asked and I nodded my head.

"There's an hour until your date. Talk to Sweet Pea. If he doesn't give you an explanation, then you go with your gut on what to do" he said and I nodded my head.

"Thank you daddy" I said and he kissed my head.

"By the way, I vote that you don't go on the date" he said as I stood up, a grin on my face.

"You don't ever want me to date" I chuckled as I walked out the front door and straight into my neighbours house.

I said hi to Sweet Pea's dad before I walked up the stairs and straight into Sweet Pea's room. I closed the door behind me as I gave him a stern look with crossed arms.

"I'm going to go on this date if you don't give me a good enough explanation on why you don't want me to go. Please Sweet Pea, just tell me" I said seriously.

"If you start dating I'm never going to be your first choice anymore" he said as he bit his inner lip.

"What?" I asked confusedly as I took a seat on the end of his bed.

"Betts that's what's going to happen. If you start dating someone, I'm not going to be your priority anymore. You're just going to forget about me" he said sadly which completely broke my heart.

I got up and moved myself to take a seat by his side. I messed up his hair with a soft smile before I restarted my arm over his shoulders.

"You think I'd ever forget about you?" I asked him.

"Not intentionally, but it'd happen" he said.

"Well clearly you're wrong because I've already got a Sweet Pea inclusive dating plan" I grinned and he gave me a confused look.

"What?" He asked me.

"Well inevitably I'm going to date someone and you are going to be by my side whether you agree to it or not. So, when I go on a date for the first time, it'll just be me and him. But from there one out, all future dates will have you by my side. And you can bet he's paying for both of us" I said, a small smile forming on his face.

"Hell, if he stays the night you can sleep with us" I said and he chuckled.

"I know this change is scary, but I'd never remove you from my life. I'm the person I am today because of you" I said softly but seriously.

"That's not the only reason I don't want you to go" he said and I nodded my head.

He's going to say exactly what my dad had thought, he's going to say he likes me.

"I have feelings for you and I was jealous and I'm sorry" he said as he looked away from me. I took in a deep breath as I moved my arm from around him and used it to pick up his hand.

"You don't need to apologise Sweets" I said and he looked to me, giving me a half smile.

"Yeah, I do. I know you don't want to hear that" he said.

It kills me a little how much he worries over how I feel compared to himself.

"Sweets, stop worrying about me when you know I'll never be mad at you" I said and he let out a sigh.

"It's scary to tell you something like that" he said.

"Well, now you have and nothing bad has happened. As far as the rest of the night, I just wanna spend it with you" I said and he gave me a happy smile with a blush.

"You're not going to go on the date?" He asked and I shook my head.

"I think it'd cause more problems than it's worth. I get to keep you happy and we can figure out us" I said as I squeezed his hand reassuringly.

"I know we'll stay best friends, don't worry" he said and I took in a deep breath.

"Maybe we can be more" I said as I bit the inner side of my lip.

"What do you mean?" He asked confusedly.

"I mean I've never thought about us, maybe I like you" I said and he chuckled.

"I think you would have figured it out by now Betts" he said.

"No. I mean it's no secret how much I admire and look up to you. And how important it is to me that we spend lots of time together" I said what everyone already knows.

"Maybe I've loved you this entire time but just thought it was friendship" I said and he gave me a soft smile.

"Cuddle while we talk?" He asked and I nodded my head as I scooted myself in between his legs.

He wrapped his arms over my stomach and I rested my hands over his.

"You'd seriously give the world to keep me happy" he told me instead of asking and I smiled as I titled my head to the side and upwards so I could see his face.

"Of course I would" I said and he chuckled.

"Maybe you do like me" he said and I grinned.

"Wanna fuck and find out?" I asked and he immediately blushed red.

"Cooper" he said out of shock. I giggled as I admiringly looked up to him.

"Be patient with me?" I asked and he smiled softly as he held me tighter.

"Of course Betts. I'll do and be whatever you need. I adore you" he said as he rested his head on top of mine, making me smile contently at this sweet moment.

A/N
Comment and vote so I know you're alive lol