Betty x Sweet Pea

Enjoy besties

Betty POV:

"So birthday girl, has this day been everything you possibly could have wanted?" Sweet Pea smiled as we danced to the loud blaring music.

"There's still one more thing I'd like" I blushed as I looked up into his eyes.

"And what on earth could that be? You got a car, an expensive ass birthday party and the best company" he chuckled. I looked to him with a pout.

"Aw Betts, tell me" he chuckled with a soft smile.

"Can I show you instead?" I asked as I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Can't wait to see" he smiled.

I stood on my toes and closed my eyes as I pressed my lips to his. He kissed back as he pulled me closer to him.

"Happy birthday beautiful Angel" he whispered as he pulled away.

"Would be better if our anniversary was before or even after my birthday" I said and he chuckled.

"So much to process here" he chuckled making me giggle.

"But for starters, why's it so bad for today to be our anniversary?" He asked me and I playfully rolled my eyes.

"I don't want this little thing to be overshadowing my birthday" I said and he chuckled as he brought us off the dance floor and to the back off the bar where it's quiet.

"Little?" He asked as we took a seat next to each other.

"This is just a relationship. I can get with any guy but my birthday marks the date everyone's lives got so much better" I said with a grin and he chuckled as he wrapped an arm around my shoulders and kissed my head.

"I think we share the same amount of cockiness darlin'" he said, making butterflies fill up my chest.

"But I'm so cute when I do it" I giggled as I rested my head on his shoulder.

"You getting tired baby?" He asked and I nodded my head.

"This thing is coming to an end anyway. Let's have a few more drinks before we leave?" He asked and I smiled as I nodded my head.

"Sweets seriously, thank you for being my best friend and everything else I could possibly need. You're one of my favourite people in this entire world" I said as I wrapped my arms around him and hugged him tight.

"Baby, you mean all that and then some more. I seriously can't imagine a world where you're not by my side" he said making a happy smile rest on my face as my chin rested on his shoulder.

I was about to say something when I saw a flash of light. I turned my head and saw the photographer.

"I'm sure I've taken a million photos of you two tonight but I get the impression your dad will kill me if I don't" he said making me laugh.

"That is a very fair assumption" I said making us chuckle.

"So just a few more photos now before I clock off?" He asked and I nodded my head.

"Absolutely, but if you can, make sure it's just me. I'm perfect" Sweet Pea grinned as he ran his hand through his hair.

"You have made all these pictures unusable" I grinned and he rolled his eyes playfully.

"Just stay the way you two are and smile" he chuckled.

Sweet Pea had his arm wrapped over my shoulders and my head rested on his shoulder. My safe place, with my safe person, captured in a photo forever.