Betty x Sweet Pea

Did I kinda just steal this plot from a tv series... no.

Betty POV:

"You wanted to meet?" Chloe said as she took a seat opposite me at Pops.

"I will give you 10k if you leave this town and never come back" I said sternly.

"You want me to leave my fiancé? We're going to have a family together" she would have continued but I stopped her, not wanting to deal with anymore of the bullshit I have been put through the last week.

"I don't give a shit about your sob story when you've fucked me over this bad. So take the money, or don't. But I promise you, this fairy tale you seem to think you're living with my husband, it will crumble before the baby comes" I warned her and she rolled her eyes.

"You're just jealous your soon to be ex husband loves me. You wish you could give him the life I can" she said making me laugh.

"I gave him two beautiful angels and paid for his entire life. What do you think a twenty year old girl can give to a forty nine year old failure of a man?" I said.

"I'll show you" she said as she got up and stormed out of the dinner.

"Fuck" I said annoyedly as I slumped back into the booth.

A week ago I found out my husband of seventeen years slept with his office secretary. She's been working at his business for only five months yet two of them he was fucking her. He owns his own business, well, that's a stretch. He's a doctor who bought his own business but as soon as it started failing, I gave him money to keep it open. That's just what you do when you have enough money to do so and love your husband.

Without me, his entire life will undoubtedly crumble. I've already kicked him out of my house and he now lives in some shitty, run down apartment. I use to give him the money to pay bills but since that's stopped, he'll be shut down within two months. All of that, plus how expensive getting everything a new born needs. He's totally and utterly fucked.

"Looks like you're have a long day?" Pop said sympathetically as he walked up to my table.

"Between Sweet Pea and my cheating ex, you could say I'm a little busy" I grinned and he chuckled.

Sweet Pea is my best friend, pain in my ass, but nonetheless, he's one of the most important people in my life. I've known him since within the first three hours that I was born. He's an amazing guy who I know I can undoubtedly trust to support and love me and my girls.

"I will always believe you and Sweet Pea were made for each other" Pop said and I smiled.

"That ship has sailed" I told him.

"It hasn't, but you'll forgive that out on your own my darling" he smiled ever so softly.

"In the meantime, what can I get you?" He asked me.

"Can I get everyone's usuals?" I chuckled as he grinned and nodded his head.

While I waited for him to make food for a total of six of us, I tried to think of my next plan of approach. What do I do to protect my girls? They're what's most important. These girls deserve so much more than a cheating father. He's never been a great dad. He never understood his kids yet would still get mad when they wanted to spend time with mum rather than him.

Our marriage had been on the rocks for awhile now. He's a failure of a human being and I will make him suffer.

"Here you go, look after yourself" he said seriously as he placed two large bags on my table.

"I will, thank you" I said as I picked up the bags and headed to my house.

I walked inside and saw the five faces I expected to see, plus my father and Sweet Pea's.