Betty x Sweet Pea

:)

Sweet Pea POV:

"Dude just let her go with me. It's 2023, we respect what women want" A random guy said to me.

"Yeah I don't give a shit, Betts you're going home now" I said annoyedly to her.

"Leave me alone Sweet Pea" she said as she rolled her eyes.

Betty was drunk out of her mind and this sober asshole was trying to take advantage of her. Yeah, there's absolutely no way on earth I'm letting that happen.

"Betty you're acting ridiculous, please let me take you home" I told her sternly because I was starting to get sick of this back and forth arguing.

"No, I'm staying here with him!" She whined like a brat.

"Dude are we going to have a problem?" He asked me.

"If you don't let go of her we fucking will" I said as I looked to a guy I could easily beat up.

"Fine, I'm over this bullshit. I'll just find some other easy girl" he said.

That's when I let go of Betty's hand and instead used it to swing at him. How fucking dare he speak about anyone like that, especially Betty.

I took Betty's hand and lead her into the direction of my truck. I was done reasoning and arguing with her so as she bitched and moaned I ignored her.

"Get in the car" I said as I looked down at her.

"No" she huffed out.

"Betty just do what I fucking say. I'm sick of your fucking shit" I yelled at her.

"You just don't want me to be happy" she said as she looked up at me.

"I don't want to talk to you until you're sober. So please Betty, I'm begging you, get in the car" I said.

"You don't love me anymore" she said sadly as she got into the car.

I felt bad but I was in no headspace to have a rational conversation with her.

We drove home in silence which was such a sad contrast to our usual car drives. We're usually talking or Betty is singing at the top of her lungs.

Out of the corner of my eyes, I watched as Betty held out her hand for me to take. Again, I felt bad but didn't reach out to hold her hand like I usually would.

She let out a small, sad sigh as she turned to face her body completely to the door.

When we arrived at her house I helped her inside, again, not a word between us was shared.

"I'm guessing she's the drunk one?" Hal, Betty's dad chuckled.

"Yeah" I mumbled and he gave me a confused look.

"You okay?" He asked me.

"Yeah" I said in a monotone voice. I really didn't have it in me to lie.

"Sit down, I'll put her to bed" he said as he took her from me.

I laid down on the couch as I picked up a pillow and wrapped my arms over it. This isn't how our night should have ended.

About five minutes later, Hal walked downstairs and took a seat on the arm chair next to the couch.

"Want to tell me why you're both upset?" He asked me and I let out a sigh.

"This isn't really a conversation I should be having with you about your daughter" I said and he raised an eyebrow.