Betty x Sweet Pea

:)

Betty POV:

"I mean not to brag but I'm the best on my team. We never would have made it to the finals if it wasn't for me" Reggie began going on and on about himself.

Our date started about twenty minutes ago and he was yet to ask a single thing about me. All he talks about is himself and I found myself very quickly dreading this date.

I had completely zoned out and drifted into my own little world until I heard the sound of Fp's stern voice.

"Beat it" he said to Reggie which was apparently enough to scare him because he immediately jumped up and left.

"You chose to date a guy who would leave you at the sight of an intimidating Serpent?" He asked and I raised an eyebrow.

"What's so intimidating about you? You're nothing but a sweetheart" I said and he rolled his eyes.

"Why are you doing this?" He asked, changing the topic.

"What? I'm not allowed to date?" I asked as I crossed my arms.

"In your state, I don't think it's a good idea" he said softly and I refrained from rolling my eyes at him.

"So Sweet Pea is allowed to break up with me like I'm nothing and I'm not even allowed to make one choice for myself?" I said angrily because I was hurt.

"Betty honey" he started but I shook my head as tears welled in my eyes.

"Your son broke up with me and gave me not a single say in the matter. If I want to date another guy, I get to do that" I said sternly.

"I'm not stopping you from dating anyone else. I'm stopping you from hurting yourself. You two broke up 3 days ago, you're not thinking straight. I understand that there's things going on between you two, but you will always be family" he said which only made more tears runs down my cheek.

I love Sweet Pea and his family so much. They're the family I never got to have growing up. And now that I'm losing that, it really fucking hurts. Feels like I'm all alone again.

Fp rested his hand over mine as he gave me a sympathetic look.

"Stay the night at mine" he said and I instantly shook my head.

"I don't want to be anywhere near him" I said seriously.

"He's not home" he said and I gave him a confused look.

"Where is he?" I asked and he let out a sigh.

"Not a clue" Fp said, causing worry to form in my stomach.

"Fp you need to find him, what if he's in trouble?" I began until he shook his head.

"He does this when he's angry. Disappears for a few days" he said and I rolled my eyes.

"Idiot" I said.

"Exactly. So stay the night, at least my conscious can rest easy tonight" he said.

"Fine, but I'm doing this for you" I said and he chuckled as he nodded his head.

I went home with Fp and when I got there, Sweet Pea's siblings were being very caring and sympathetic towards me.

"Hear me out. Me and you, elope. I want you to be apart of the family and I know you want that plus want to mess with Sweet Pea. This is a win win" Ella, Fp's youngest kid and daughter said.

"Ella" Fp said as he raised an eyebrow.

"I think I'm just going to head to bed" I grinned at Ella.

"Offer is always on the table" she said as she shrugged her shoulders.