Betty x Sweet Pea

Enjoy <3

Sweet Pea POV:

I held my bag of food and milkshake in one hand as I scrolled through my phone, looking at the latest assignment my teacher had uploaded.

As I walked towards the door of the dinner, I felt as I knocked into someone, dropping my food and spilling my milkshake everywhere. I looked up and saw that my idiot self had walked into a Serpent. I want nothing more than to die right now.

The Serpents are known for being incredibly rough and dangerous and the last thing I want to do is piss one of them off.

"I am so sorry" I immediately said out of shock.

"It's okay" she sighed as she looked to her black shirt and jacket that were covered in my vibrant strawberry milkshake.

"It's my fault, I wasn't looking" she said.

"I'll get some napkins" I said as I got some napkins from the front and walked back to her, gently handing them over to her.

"Thanks" she said as she took them and began to get rid of the excess milkshake on of her.

"Can I give you my jacket?" I said to her.

My biggest goal for now was to do absolutely anything she wanted, in order for her not to kill me on the spot or hunt me down. I wanted to keep her as happy as possible.

"That would be great, thanks" she said softly.

I gave her my jacket as she took off her Serpents one, slightly making her look a little less intimidating. But at the end of the day, she's still a Serpent and I'm far from it.

"I'm really sorry" I said again and she gave me a soft smile.

"Let's forget about it" she said as a guy, about the same height as me walked into the diner.

"What happened to you?" He asked with furrowed eyebrows as he looked down to her.

"I walked into a milkshake" she said and he chuckled as he playfully shook his head.

"Of course you would" he said making her playfully roll her eyes.

"Want me to order us food?" He asked her and she nodded her head, prompting him to leave.

"Do you want to eat with us?" She asked with a smile.

"I think I've bothered you enough" I said.

This is probably some sort of trap. She'll lure me in and then try and get her Serpent boyfriend to stab me.

"You're kidding, he's going to be laughing about this for the next day" she chuckled as she motioned to her boyfriend.

"Anyway, I should be getting home" I said and she smiled as she nodded her head.

"Well, see you around" she smiled.

"Yeah, see you around" I said as we both headed our separate ways.

I think I just managed to avoid a near death experience. I can't believe I've done the inevitable. I really deserve the burger and fries I have. I'd like the milkshake too, but that's a problem for another day.

——

I was sitting in a back booth at Pops, working on my English assignment when I saw someone take a seat opposite me out of the corner of my eyes. I looked up and saw the Serpent girl from about three weeks.

"Hey stranger" she smiled as she looked to me.

"Uh hi" I said, slightly confused as to what was going on here.