Betty x Sweet Pea

enjoy x

Betty POV:

I watched as my dad walked up to me, an unimpressed look on his face as he hovered his lips over my ear.

"Betty I understand that you're upset you can't do your initiation but this is an extremely important night for Sweet Pea. So stop feeling sorry for yourself and apologise to him" my dad told me and then walked away.

I let out a frustrated sigh because I knew he was right. Today is Sweet Pea's 18th and since he turned 18, he was able to completely commit himself to the Serpents. This is something he and I have both wanted since we were early teens. And I'm upset and jealous that he's a year old than me so he gets to do it without me. Sweet Pea and I usually do literally everything together and I feel left out. And because of my jealousy, I haven't been treating my boyfriend with the love and happiness he deserves.

I got up from my spot and walked to the opposite side of the bar where my boyfriend and his group of friends were. He was really happy and the guilt in my chest only got worse. I should be there sharing those laughs with him. I should be making him feel so proud of himself.

"May I please steal my boyfriend for a few minutes?" I asked Tyler, who was speaking with Sweet Pea.

"You always say that but you never give him back" Tyler said making me grin.

"You just don't wait long enough" I grinned, making Sweet Pea smile.

"Whatever, you can have five minutes" Tyler said as he pretended to be annoyed.

"Is it okay?" I asked Sweet Pea and he nodded his head.

I lead him to the back of the bar where it was quiet and just the two of us.

"Everything okay?" He asked as he looked down at me.

I know Sweet Pea isn't too impressed with me and the fact that he would still check up on me just breaks my heart. He deserves so much better than my treatment towards him tonight.

"Sweet Pea I'm so sorry for acting like a spoiled brat tonight. I love you and I'm forever so proud of you" I said as tears welled up in my eyes.

There's one thing I never want to be and it's a bad girlfriend. He goes above and beyond for me and I can't believe how selfish I was tonight.

"Betts, no tears" he said softly as he walked up to me and wrapped me into his warm body.

"I'm so sorry" I choked out through sobs.

"Come on pretty, you know I'm not mad" he said and I shook my head as I looked up into his eyes.

"Be honest" I said as he used his thumbs to wipe away the tears on my cheeks.

"Okay, I was hurt I didn't have you by my side tonight. You're the most important person to me and I wanted to share this whole experience with you. I've missed your company and I really wanted to hear you tell me that you're proud of me" he said as he moved his eyes from mine.

"I'm so sorry Sweet Pea" I started but he interrupted.

"Nickname" he said and I bit my lip.

"I don't deserve too" I said and he looked back into my eyes.

"I want you to stop calling me Sweet Pea" he said.

"I'm sorry I ruined your night" I said as I tried to push myself out of his arms but he wouldn't let me.

"Baby you haven't ruined my night. I just really want to spend it with you and hear you be nice and shit because we both know my praise kink extends further than the bedroom" he said making us both grin.