Betty x Sweet Pea

Please make sure to vote and comment so I know you're enjoying ❤️

Sweet Pea POV:

"Can I ask you something?" I asked the girl that I held in my side.

"Of course" Betty smiled as she looked away from the movie playing in front of us and up to me.

"What are we?" I asked her and she furrowed her eyebrows.

"What do you mean?" She asked with a slightly off sounding voice.

"I mean like, everything we do together when I'm both here and home. What does it mean to you?" I asked her.

"It means everything to me. Talking to you is the favourite part of my day and actually getting to have you here with me, where I can look directly into your eyes, get to hug you and you know, just be around you, I wish I could always have it. Knowing you're going to leave in two days really fucking hurts Sweets" she said making me give her a sympathetic look.

"Every time I come here, the first person I want to see is you. Every time I have to leave, the only thing I can think about is coming back and holding you so close to me that I'd never have to leave you again. You're the most important person in my life" I said honestly as I looked down at her.

I unfortunately live in New York while Betty lives in Riverdale. I run the New York Serpent base with my dad while Betty runs the Riverdale base with her dad Hal, and my uncle Fp.

My dad doesn't trust me not to get into fights on school holidays so he sends me away to stay at Fp's. There's more to it but that's a problem I'll be dealing with tonight.

"Sweets" she sighed as she looked away from me.

"I've fallen in love with you and that's the worst thing I could have done" she said making me frown as my heart shattered.

"What?" I asked as I bit my inner lip.

She couldn't have said anything else that would have upset me more than she just did.

"It hurts that I love a guy who lives so fucking far away and I can never hold his hand when I want too. I can never look after him and do whatever the fuck I want. I don't want to love a guy I see for a few weeks at a time" she said as tears brimmed at her eyes.

"I can't love you because we'll never work like this" she said.

"What if I could figure out away to move here?" I asked her and she shook her head with a sigh.

"Sweet Pea, don't do this. It's not going to happen and there's no point pretending that it will" she said as I watched a tear roll down her cheek.

"Sweetheart" I sighed as I raised my thumb to her cheek, wiping away the fallen tear.

She said nothing as she didn't dare look anywhere in my direction.

"Let's just enjoy what time we have left together and never talk about this again" she said with a sniffle.

"That's not what you want" I said and she took in a deep breath.

"It's what I need" she said.

I wrapped my arms around her knees and back as I picked her up and sat her in my lap.

"Sw" she started but I interrupted her.

"You always sit in my lap, don't take that away from us" I said.

She said nothing as she slowly relaxed into my body, her way of accepting that she wasn't going to move.

I tried to focus on the movie playing in front of us, but I just couldn't when I had so much to figure out.