75

To your Highness,

Seventh Month, Seventh day.

The Huns invaded the military camp of the northern border at night.

Jackson died in battle.

---

Seventh Month, Tenth day.

Due to accumulated injury, Liam fainted at this subject's home.

Liam had an unusual pulse reading.

While treating his back injury, this subordinate shockingly discovered that he was a woman...

.

.

.

Jieun dropped her brush onto the desk!

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Jieun dropped her brush onto the desk!

She reached out her hand to gently rub at her slightly bumped belly.

Just now, the little kid in her stomach had moved for the first time.

Big beads of tears crashed heavily onto her wooden desk, drop after drop.

Her tears dropped carelessly. It stained the silk cloth.

A low and quiet whimper finally sounded through the quiet room.

It was the sort of sound that came from a leak in self suppression, thick with sorrow.

A sound that pain the heart just by hearing it...

----

Flashbacks

A very long time ago...

My parents died when I was little. The family of my second uncle who was a barefoot-doctor raised me up instead.

My uncle really liked me, and he would often teach me some medical theory. 

But my aunt rarely had a good look on her face when it came to me.

That was why I had always worked hard to learn medicine, and I did chores, so that I could make her happy with me.

Years later, I finally understood. My uncle's home was not wealthy. They have three sons.

Living had become even more arduous once this 'burden' who did nothing but eat was included.

When I was nine, my aunt brought me to the temple fair.

However, she did so behind my uncle's back. She sold me to a human middleman.

It was because their eldest son was already at an age to marry, and there was no more extra silver at home...

That had also changed the course of my fate.