42

Black tiger waited until Lisa walked even closer. 

He flashed a wide grin at Lisa, then he threw down his gold gilded machete with a swish, nailing it into the ground. 

He said to her: "Little brother, I admire you. But admiration is just admiration, and rules are still rules. The blades are merciless. How about we fight with our fists and kicks instead? But as we have agreed beforehand, you still have to leave your things behind if you've lost within thirty rounds."

Hearing that from black tiger, Lisa thought to herself: it looks like he wasn't someone who was that wicked beyond redemption. That's convenient. I don't want to kill anyone after all.

"You're straightforward, then this junior will be obliged."

Lisa nailed her short sword into the ground too, without any hesitation.

-----

Inside the carriage compartment

Jennie lifted up a corner of the carriage drapes slightly when she heard the distant conversation of Lisa and black tiger. 

And when she saw that Lisa had really stuck her own weapon into the ground too, she could not help but let out a quiet sigh...

Is this person stupid or what?

Jennie let down the drapes, as she no longer wanted to look at the situation outside. She was still very confident in regards to Lisa's fighting abilities.

Jennie had already concluded that even if Lisa won this battle, she would still be at a disadvantage. 

But Jennie also thought, if Lisa could learn about the wretchedness of people's hearts through this event, then it would still count as a blessing among misfortune.

After all, Lisa was currently one of her pawns at this stage. If she could not mature quickly, then she might lose her life in the future.

However, Jennie did not expect that this curious lift of the drapes was noticed by the mountain bandit Baron who was standing not far away...

"Guys, go ahead!"

----

Black tiger made an inviting gesture towards Lisa.

Lisa returned the courtesy to black tiger, then she charged with her fists ready.

In over two years of time that Lisa spent in the military, all that she was trained in were moves to kill. 

Infantry soldiers did not learn any fancy displays. The first attack would always be one that used the least amount of energy to deal the greatest amount of damage, even to the point of being a one-hit kill.

Lisa did not want to kill black tiger. She just wanted to drag things on for thirty minutes, and then make a feint to end things by letting him win.

Lisa swung her fist straight towards black tiger's chest.

Black tiger was unsure about Lisa's levels just yet, so he did not dare to take this first move head-on. 

He leaned to the side with a step, deftly avoiding Lisa's  fist. 

As Lisa's arm was now extended, he grabbed it to pull her forward using its momentum!

Lisa stepped two steps forward with this pull. The entire side of her body was now exposed before her opponent!

Black tiger's held onto Lisa's arm with force. He kept her locked within his area of attack, then he aimed his right knee towards Lisa's abdomen!

Lisa thought quickly, then she raised her right foot to stomp on black tiger's raised foot. It nullified black tiger's attack towards her waist.