12

Kneeling on the ground with a straight back, Lisa lowered her head, hiding the panic in her expression.

Seeing that Lisa might be facing punishment, even if he did not know the reason why, Jackson did not hesitate to kneel alongside her...

Carl looked at the two young men who were kneeling before him in trepidation.

In the end, he could not suppress the smile on his face.

He too, had brothers in arms who stuck with him through thick and thin, back in the day.

Jackson's reaction touched a soft part within his heart.

Carl helped the two of them up from the ground, then he smiled, saying: "I seem to recall that the Flying-Feather battalion has opened up applications for a battalion commander, and the requirement for it was to draw a two-stone bow. Why don't I see you applying, Liam?"

Doing her best to keep her expression from revealing anything to Carl, Lisa's heart beat at a rapid pace.

But once she finally realized that Carl had not actually seen through her identity, she finally let out a breath as if a great burden was lifted off her.

Kneeling once again, Lisa said quietly: "This lowly one admits fault."

Carl helped Lisa up again: "Is this Marshal so scary that you boys need to kneel here and there? Do you know that the black bow on your back was actually this Marshal's bow? I disposed of it because it lost its accuracy, but to my surprise, you were able to use it to kill two Huns. Come on, get up. Let us have a proper talk."

"Understood."

"Thank you, Commander-in-Chief."

Carl returned to his seat.

Looking at Lisa and Jackson, he asked: "This Marshal wants to hear some opinions on the battle today from each of you."

Lisa's mind flashed with many thoughts at once. She opened her mouth subconsciously, but her logic stopped her in time. Ultimately, she swallowed back all of her ideas.

Carl had been watching Lisa the entire time. He had taken a shine to this skinny and tanned young man, and as he saw it, although Lisa did not appear to be as physically strong as the other soldiers, he had a very unique presence.

Especially before the Huns— he would emit a battle spirit all over his body, as if he was born for it.

Carl wondered...

If this young man also had a strategic mind, then I must keep him by my side to cultivate him. It won't be long before the kingdom would have a new, young and talented Commander, equipped with both wit and courage!

The fact that Lisa had actively silenced herself did not escape his scrutiny.

He stared at her as he asked: "Liam, did you have something to say?"

Lisa's mouth went slightly slack in surprise. She exclaimed internally: General Windsor's eyes were sharper than I realized! It was as if he could see through all of my movements, and it made me feel even more on edge. My survival instincts were urging me to 'escape'!

Jackson was just about to voice his opinions too, but Carl had Lisa speak first, so he had no choice but to shut his mouth.

Although he felt a little glum about it, it was fleeting.

Much more than that, he felt happy for Lisa.

The situation in the tent was so obvious; even the blind could see that the Commander-in-Chief had especially taken a shine to Lisa!