74

Although Joshua was the first to enter the forest, he slowed down his speed after racing for a while.

The royal family hunting grounds was not an average place.

It was rumored to be where huge amounts of beasts roamed.

Even if Joshua was confident that his skills were superior to others, he still needed to be careful.

At the same time, he was somewhat eager too. If he could hit a tiger or even a bear to gift his father, how glorious would that be…

Although Jonathan may be young, he was quite thrilled to be participating in a hunt for the first time.

He entered the forest with the cover of two guards before him and two behind.

He took down a lightweight bow from his back that was customarily made for him, then he observed the surrounding forest with swift and clear eyes while keeping one hand on the bowstring.

Suddenly! A grey hare shot out from the grass once it heard the sound of hooves, then it ran ahead at a very high speed.

The four bodyguards aimed their arrows at once, but Jonathan shouted: “Let me do it myself!”

Jonathan aimed quickly before he shot, his arrow broke through the air with a “sou” sound…

However, that hare changed directions at the very last second.

The arrowhead brushed its body before it nailed into the earth…

The hare escaped quickly.

Jonathan put down his gold thread bow as he sighed: “What a shame…”

A bodyguard next to him said at once: “Your Highness has already far surpassed the average person by reaching such a level in your first hunt. This hunting ground is known as a geometric treasure, that’s why the kingdom’s founder had it reserved. No one lives in the surrounding area either, that’s why the game here would be more cunning and sturdy than the ones outside. If your shot was done elsewhere, it would be a sure hit.”

Jonathan nodded, then he squeezed the horse’s abdomen lightly: “Let’s go!”

“Understood!”

----

Meanwhile, Joshua progressed intermittently the entire way.

He did see some wild hares, mountain pheasants and the like, but his standards were above the roof.

Naturally, he paid no attention to those. He’d draw his bow if he felt like it, but he did not pick them up even when he had shot them dead. Mostly, he just pretended not to see them.

Suddenly, the muted sound of hooves traveled over from afar.

Joshua focused his eyes for a look, finding that that was actually Jacob!

There were two sorts of game that took the most spotlight in every autumn hunt of the kingdom.

One was to kill a ferocious beast like a bear or tiger, and to gift its pelt to his Majesty.

Its meat would be roasted at night for everyone to have a share.

The other was to capture a live deer. To let everyone have a taste of deer blood wine at the bonfire banquet was also a very great honor.

One may only encounter ferocious beasts like tigers or bears; they could not be sought. But to capture a whole and unharmed live deer was also a very high affirmation of one’s horseback archery skills.

Live capture without any damage was much harder than hunting and killing after all…

Jacob had pretty good luck.