41

As Lisa watched the mountain bandit approaching rapidly, she ultimately decided to let go of the sword handle.

She gave a greeting instead by wrapping her fist in her hand.

She put up a smile on her face as she said: "I wonder if you could spare some mercy?"

"Ay, you little bastard, don't want to spare me any face huh?"

Seeing just how 'insensible' this tanned and skinny young man was, Bambam swung his club to greet Lisa's head.

Ferociousness flashed in his eyes without any trace of hesitation.

"Pa!", Lisa grabbed the club that was swung at her head.

"Ay, damn brat, you still dare to resist?" Bambam fumed when he saw that his own club was grabbed.

"Boss, spare some mercy."

Lisa smiled at the mountain bandit as she held onto the club. Her tone was still one for negotiation.

"Spare your mother..."

Bambam felt that his self-esteem as a bandit had taken a serious provocation when he saw that Lisa could remain smiling.

Now he really had to beat this insensible brat to death, Bambam fumed as he pulled his club back.

However, his cursing was cut short when he realized that his club seemed to have fused with the young man's hand. It did not budge even when he exerted a huge effort from his end.

"Fucking hell, what did you do?"

Bambam's eyes turned wide as he looked at the still-smiling Lisa in shock.

He tugged at the club with all of his strength.

Lisa's arm moved a little this time, but Bambam still could not take back his club. He finally realized: this guy's trained!

"Boss, spare some mercy."

Lisa looked directly into the mountain bandit's eyes as she held onto the club, still speaking in a tone for negotiation.

Seeing Lisa's smile, Bambam felt that he was about to break out in cold sweat.

He could not understand what was going on, but a chilling sensation was emitted from the eyes of this unremarkable smiling young man before him.

A sensation that frightened him!

Bambam slowly let go of the club.

The corners of his mouth twitched as he let out an unnatural smile at Lisa.

He said as he backed away: "We spare, we spare..."

Once Bambam had retreated for a certain distance, he turned to bolt away pathetically.

He shouted as he ran: "Boss, boss, this brat's not sensible!"

Lisa sighed lightly. She planned to throw away the club in her hand, but she placed it on the driver's seat after a moment of hesitation.

"Jen, have the dagger ready. Don't come out later."

Lisa turned her head back to bid this, then she shook the reins.

The carriage went forward slowly.

-------

Joy and Yeri witnessed the whole process from where they lay on the slope.

Yeri asked in confusion: "Joy, what's that Liam doing? Why did he let the mountain bandit go?"

"I don't know what he's thinking, but what happened just now shows that he still has some ability at the very least. Let's keep watching."