72

Spring went and autumn arrived.

In the blink of an eye, it was the period of autumn harvest again.

This year was a year with routine rain and weather.

The entire kingdom would have a bountiful harvest.

Most people were quite happy, as the court could rake in a good amount of revenue.

The farmers have worked hard for a year. Now they could finally enjoy reaping their rewards.

Those who possessed fiefs, have also reached the yearly period of collecting taxes.

The only exception was the northern border…

The entire army had yet to completely recover from the fatigue of last year’s autumn harvest battle, when a new round of battles were approaching again.

The Flying-Feather Battalion have also registered quite a number of new soldiers.

While Lisa may have been promoted to Pioneer Commander, Carl had still left Flying-Feather Battalion to her command.

The autumn harvest was a big battle.

Lisa needed to train the new soldiers of the Flying-Feather Battalion, and she needed to make arrangements for the new battle strategy in her Pioneer barracks.

For that period of time, she was swamped with duties, and she had not returned to the residence for over a month…

Lisa returned to the Flying-Feather barracks.

When the soldiers saw her, all of them temporarily stopped what they were doing to respectfully give courtesy to her.

After more than half a year, Lisa's reverence in the Flying-Feather Battalion was already extremely high.

On the drill ground, Muichiro was yelling out a lecture about the importance of the autumn harvest battle to the new soldiers.

The Flying-Feather Battalion did not need to rush the frontlines; hence casualties have always been few in number.

That was why there weren’t many new soldiers to compensate, and Muichiro alone was enough to handle them.

When Muichiro saw that Lisa had returned, he left a few words of instruction before coming towards Lisa: “Battalion Commander, you have returned!”

“Mm. How’s the training for the new soldiers?”

“A total of a hundred and thirty came in for this batch. Their levels are mixed, and about a dozen couldn’t even pull a bow, so I’ve reassigned them to the infantry soldiers. I’ve also picked out a few promising ones from the infantry soldiers’ barracks to compensate.”

“Mm.” Lisa nodded.

After getting along for this period of time, she already had nothing to worry about towards Muichiro.

Muichiro spoke up again: “Oh right, Battalion Commander. Jackson rushed over earlier to look for you. I’ve told him that you went to the Commander-in-Chief, so he went back. He said that he’ll wait for you to come back and send someone to inform him. He looked like he had something important to tell you. Should I send someone over right now?”

“Mm, I’ve got it. There’s no need to send anyone, I’ll go there by myself in a while. How’s Gyomei?”

“Gyomei brought a small troop to shoot targets outside of the barracks, he should be back in about two to four hours.”

“Mm, I’ve got it. You can continue with your work.”

“Understood!” Muichiro gave a courtesy towards Lisa, then he continued to lecture the new soldiers.