I rush inside, careful not to let the door slam, quickly and quietly, I get to the window by the opposite side where I entered the second alley. I crouch down and watch.

The guy with the black hair has dark stubble and he rushes past the window, Chris must be going in the opposite direction.

Quickly, I pull out my phone.

Am trying to shake them. Where are you?

It's mere seconds when the phone buzzes softly.

At the river.

I take a breath as I try to figure out a plan.

Ryan, you need to go. Please! Call Jack and go.

Silent tears roll down my cheeks as the heaviness of my words weigh on my chest.

Fine. But I want to see you before I go, I'll tell him to give me 10 mins. 10 mins for you to get here.

I stay still and watch the shadow pass the window, I relax slightly but its not for long. The door opens on the opposite end. I cower into the shadows as I grip the phone in a death grip. I wait a few moments before responding.

Okay. I lo

I never finish my message because a ringtone sounds and I accidentally push send while dropping the phone.

Pat must not hear this because I am not ripped away from my safe place. I look at the screen and see it is shattered.

I curse myself and bite my lip. "Hey Jack." I freeze cold. "Me? No, nothing... I am just trying to find a decent meal in this place. Why, what's the problem?" Jack? Like Jack Jack? Why would he know Jack? I peak from under a few steps and I see that he has the butt of the gun against his head with his eyes closed as he speaks.

"10 mins? Oh yeah..." his voice picks up in pitch. "Where must I get you and Ryan?" Ryan! How does he know Ryan! And what does he want with me?

Then it hits me like a runaway train. Pat is Patrick, who is Jack's fellow protector to Ryan!

My eyes go wide as I realise that this man is meant to protect him but is probably looking after his own interests.

I jolt up and run out the door. I hear movement and words behind me. But all I am now concerned about is Ryan. He is in danger.

I run through the taxi rank being cursed all the way to my great great grandmother. I hop over their stalls and run my little legs off.

Zig-zagging through the stalls and people, I throw glances over my shoulder but I don't see him.

Being so desperate to get to Ryan, I don't think it through as I let my heart guide me and not my head. I kind of forget about the steep slope to the river and I fall face first. Tumbling down the rough terrain for what seems like an eternity which is probably only a few seconds.

A few branches and rocks scratch my body, it feels as if I am being stabbed throughout my entire body.

I hit the ground with a bang and the air is hit out of my lungs. My urgency to get Ryan and Jack fuels me on. I grunt as I crawl up the ground. I see him.

"Ryan!" I call out, but my voice is very soft. He whips his head to the sound and rushes towards me.

"Mia, what happened?" He picks me up and places me on a soft blanket.

"Ryan... Pat..." he leans closer as I clutch onto his shirt. "He is..." I take a deep breath, which hurts. "He is Patr-" tyres spin and come to a stop in front of us.

"Ryan. Get in the car now!" Jack commands as he surveys the grounds.

"It's... its Patr-" I cough and I see dark specs on the edge of my vision, someone else appears.

"Ryan, go with Jack. I'll bring your car." It's him! I panic but my body isn't reacting how I need it to.

"B-but she's hurt." Ryan pleads as Jack pulls him off of me and towards the car.

I force myself up. "It's him..." I say on unsteady legs while pointing at him. Ryan follows my finger with a deep frown, obviously not understanding what I'm trying to say about Patrick, he tries to protest but he is pushed into the car.

The car speeds away, leaving a dust cloud behind and the man looks at me through his jet black hair. "Bye bye you slippery bitch."

He fires his gun that he somehow managed to point at me.

I feel pain shoot through me, then a kick in my stomach, then I'm falling. Finally its just cold.

Cold and dark.

Oh no, poor Mia! What do you think they want with Mia? Currently I am busy with Chapter 36, I know right. I didn't think it would be such a long story when I started it but I'm finding new twists and turns. Tehehe. Trust me, I don't think you see where this story is going. Any ideas?