Perilous ! ( A Jason McCan Love Story )

Introduction

"Get up!" a muffled voice growls as I feel a kick in my side. It jolts me awake, I flutter my eyes as I cough and splutter. My throat is dry and it feels like it's alight, burning on the inside. Judging from the harsh bright light that is blinding me at the moment, I must be outside. All I can smell is smoke, my ears are ringing, like someone is whistling or screaming and won't stop.

I try to rise into a sitting position, holding my rib from where I just felt a blow. I roll onto my side and wince as simmering burn marks make contact with the grass beneath me. My hair is matter together with blood, metallic and gruesome smelling ichor. I roll onto my stomach and push myself up from the ground and kneel.

"How you feeling sunshine?" a hand grabs my hair and pulls it back, yanking my head to look up at whoever was hurting me. I didn't even say anything, I couldn't speak my throat was so soar. "You feeling good?" a males voice chuckles menacingly as he lets go of my hair. I'm helpless, I'm hurt and I want to cry. I'm so confused and scared. Where are my friends? Why aren't I still at school?

"Did you like the show?" He stood in front of me, his black boots are the only thing visible on the ground. "Did it light up like I wanted it to? Cause fucking hell the chaos was fucking beautiful!" he laughed, why did he laugh? "I just set your school on fire, our silly little school darling, you should be happy about it! Come on cheer up!". A hand folded under my arm and hurled me up from the floor. I groaned, almost screamed as I tried to stay up on two feet.

The smell of smoke, the burning throat, the ringing ears and heavy head. I'd just been in a fire? It all came back. I suddenly began to feel the frenzy grow inside of me and then that was it. I was panicking. I started to cry and scream. I grabbed my head and screamed out for my friends, my teachers, my mum, my dad, my brother anyone! I fell back to the floor, exhaustion taking over, the pain of the burns and the stress consuming me.

"There there, sweetheart" a haunting voice calls from behind me. "I saved you" I turned to look over my shoulder at him. The sun was shining over the back of his head, making it impossible to see his face. As realisation hit out of the blue, the instincts came back just as fast as they had vanished when the bomb went off. I stood up, gathering all of my strength in one go.

"You did it?" I questioned in shock. "You ruined my school, killed my classmates and you saved...me?" I scoffed in disbelief as I felt a tear roll down my already soaked cheek. "You should've let me die! My mom is a teacher, my brother is in the year below me, you are a monster!" I ran up to him and began swinging, grasping at the last, dwindling amount of strength I had left.

"That's no way to treat your hero now is it?" He bends down in front of me, his face now visible. Ironic, how someone can have the face of an angel but behave like the devil. He folds his arms across his chest tightly and raises one eyebrow. I gather up saliva in my mouth before I spat it out in this face, watching as it dripped down his cheek.

"Go to hell" I muttered under my breath as I slap him across the face. Leaving a sizzling print of fingers and palm. He laughs as he wipes his face clean with his shirt. His face turns red with angry as he continues to laugh and walks away.

"You have a name, I assume" I just make out his words, his voice low. I squint, as if that will help me make out what he had said. "What's your name" he then shouts. Maybe slapping him wasn't such a good idea.

"Ashton" I gulp. Where. The. Fuck. Am. I. I should actually scream and run away. Cry out for help, that a murderous terrorist has kidnapped me. But...I don't. Maybe it's the shock? Maybe it's that I'm too confused to even comprehend what is going on. 

Nudging me out of my train of thought, he stands up and gives no answer , my vision clears and I can make out his burnt jeans and his red checked shirt . His hair in a quiff , a light chestnut colour .

"Well, you're not going anywhere, if you've wondered" he sighs . His hands on his waist as he stares up to the sky with his back to me. "If I let you go, you'll run straight to the cops, tell them everything and I can't risk some prissy little bitch messing up my plans". 

I say nothing. I'm too scared, too frightened to retaliate. "What's your name, then" my voice quivers as I just about stand, I can feel my pulse in my forehead. He rapidly turns around and helps me up . I flinch. 

"The peace maker" he grins , looking straight into my eyes . 

"A psychopath, who set my school on fire, calls himself the living proof of peace" I shake my head.  

"Jason" he smirks "The names Jason McCan" .

"Where are we?" I say.

"Paradise" he grins as he backs away from me , uncovering the beautiful yellow flower field we are standing in . I slowly walk forwards as I observe the stunning scenery. I can't enjoy it though. How can I? My mums favourite flowers are daffodils, hundreds of the cluster around my feet, how had I not noticed? 

"How did we get here?" I question softly .

"There's some things you should know" and he strides towards me with his hands in his pockets. He's so calm. So tranquil for someone who literally just blew up a school. The cops should be here any minute, they could have followed his car. I look around for a car, a van, a truck, anything. Nothing. I look back at him. Squinting his eyes from the sunlight and biting his plump bottom lip . "I'm not .......good" he half smiles .

"Well, yeah. I gathered that" I say, rolling my eyes. I should run, I think. Does he have a gun? I look in the pockets of his jeans. Nothing. A bat? A knife? Nothing that I can see. Strange, maybe bringing me back here was a mistake of his. He didn't mean for me to be here. But, why take me? Why not someone else, literally anyone but me, Jesus. 

He chuckles as he sweeps his left foot through the flowers, his head down. How can someone laugh right now. Laugh? How? You just murdered educated teachers with degrees? Students, who had more to life to live, so much more to achieve. 

"I mean , I'm a bad person and you know too much about me now so there's no turning back" and he looks back up at me , squinting again . I could just make out the sparkle of the sunlight rejecting the attractiveness of his eyes . Dark brown , glistening back into mine. Hadn't he been a criminal, I dare say he could be okay looking. I mean, he's not ugly. But then, look at Ted Bundy....I should definitely run.  

Slipping back to reality I say "What do you mean there's no turning back?" my voice begins to shake. Tears sting in my eyes, this could be the place that I die. He could be the last person I ever see. I think of my mum, my dad. I think of everything I had wanted to succeed in life.  

"I mean , your going to be staying with me for a while" he smirks as he starts to walk away. This guy is insane. A while? He's not going to kill me off now and save the hassle? Or does that mean he's setting my free. I don't want to talk to this guy anymore. Why should I? I owe him nothing, I hate him. He's taken my life away, my friends, my school. 

"Nothing to say?" he scoffs "I'm not going to hurt you, by the way. My business isn't with you. Your principal wasn't at all what he seemed" he smirks . His breath hits my face. I start to panic, my heart starts to slam on my ribs, I can't catch my breath for a moment. I turn away from him and catch my breath. I calm myself, taking low breaths, slowing my heart, controlling it's rhythm. 

"I'm not scared of you" I whisper. I know he heard me. I slowly turn to face him again, he looks entertained somehow. As if my terror and anxiety pleases him. I'm too exhausted to run. Shadows cloud to outer edges of my vision. 

"Well, Ash" he says, my heart clangs even more. 

"Do not call me Ash" I state with disgust. My sister called me Ash. 

"Ok , Ashton " he wanders closer to me. The decreasing distance between us causes my heart to lose control, I feel my eyes roll to the back of my head as the shadows around my eyes take over. The show is over. 

__________________________________________________________________________