With that said, Jacob made a courtesy with his hands towards Charles, then he sat back down.

Charles looked at his eldest daughter from afar. His spirit somewhat shaken as he looked at her face that was seventy-percent similar to the late Queen.

Time passed so quickly. So many years had already gone by...Charles suddenly remembered. 

"Jennie, you should be sixteen this year..."

"Yes, father." Jennie answered pleasantly. The expression on her face was as mild as always.

Lisa raised her eyes to look at Jacob, then she turned her head to look at Jennie. Her expression turned somewhat stiff.

Looking at Jennie from afar, Charles said in a voice that was heavy with emotion: "This is the fault of my neglect after all. Your mother had been sick for all of these years, so I selfishly wanted to have you stay by our side for a few more years. But the days have flashed by, you're already sixteen... If it wasn't for Jacob's reminder today, I would have neglected that matter. Rose is indeed in no hurry, but your matter may have to be considered as soon as possible."

"Many thanks to father. Many thanks to royal brother." Jennie gave her salutations to Charles and Jacob respectively.

"As elder brothers, the few of you should have more concern for your sister too. Only recommend the most outstanding and presentable young men of talents to be good choices for the Eldest Princess' Fuma." (AN: King's son-in-law)

"Understood! Father!"

Jacob, Victor and Joshua answered together. 

Charles nodded with satisfaction.

"Many thanks to the three royal brothers' concern."

Jennie smiled sweetly at the three Dukes before her, revealing a faint set of dimples. Then she slowly sat back down.

Charles nodded with a face of satisfaction towards Jennie.

Care and respect from brothers, harmony and joy from sisters. That was what he wanted to see.

Thus, the royal banquet ended with happy laughter and conversation. 

The hour was already rather late, and since Lisa was still an outsider, Charles patched a sedan to send her to a courier station outside the palace.

The other Dukes have each returned to their own duchy, with nothing else to add.

***

LISA

The first thing that I did when I arrived in the courier station was to take off my extravagant outfit.

The second was to sit on the station's bed in a daze.

The food at the banquet was delicious. But I had been too gluttonous, and ate too much.

I rubbed my stomach, then my calloused hand slowly moved up to rest on my chest.

I pressed at my chest that was tightly bound with binding cloth, lost in thought.

My fingers curled up after a good while, gripping the clean white inner clothing in my hand.

My eyes were still blankly staring ahead...

I just sat like this the whole time, until the patrolling time keeper sounded the time for midnight.

I abruptly came to my senses, feeling the numbness in my hands and feet.

I frowned, pressing my lips together.

I walked to the table as I tolerated the prickling numb pain in my legs, then blew out the lights.