-Sounds easy.

-We have to go with Mattia, let him know you are already here and then get started. -He said looking for something. -Wait here, let me just grab my helmet. -He got out of the room.

-Hey Charles, we...Oh, sorry, I thought Charles was here.

-He just went grab his helmet, he'll be back in a minute. -You sound relaxed.

-I heard you'll be our photographer for the day.

-Yeah... -You smiled looking at the ground.

-The environment is not cooperating with your plan of staying away from me.

-Don't make it awkward, please. There's no need to make it uncomfortable.

-I was just saying...

-Enough with the passive-aggressive attitude, I'm just doing a favor here.

-I found it. -Charles arrived, raising his helmet.

-Good, let's go with Mattia.

Mattia Binotto was an italian engineer and the team principal of Ferrari. You went to him, you already knew him since Charles joined Ferrari. You greeted him, exchanged a few words, he thanked you for helping them, and then you left. The action was about to begin.

-Ok so, put on your helmet and look that way. -You signaled to Charles and he listened. You took the camera and snapped a few photos to choose from. -Great, you look awesome.

-Now, Carlos, get in the car and I'll take the photos as you're getting in, look to your right as you're getting in.

-I'm a professional, I swear to God

-I'm a professional, I swear to God. -You laughed, they saw the pictures and were happy about them.

The interaction with Carlos wasn't going so bad. You and he were trying to keep your distance. You took some more photos of them wearing sunglasses, recorded videos of them walking through the garage, and captured a video of Charles sharing some memories and interesting facts about France. He mentioned that his best memory was every day he spent at the karting track, where it all started for him, where his passion for racing was born. It's funny how you've both been living practically the same life but from different perspectives, with him always being inside that world and you being an observer from the outside.

A few hours later, you finished your day's tasks. Carlos headed to his room to change out of his race suit, while you went with your brother to his room to grab your things. Charles changed into jeans and a Ferrari t-shirt. You all met outside and made your way to the dining area.

-It was actually pretty fun, by any chance, do you have any vacancies? -You asked jokingly.

-I'd love if you worked with us, we would always be together, like the old times. -Charles said, dreaming.

-It's a shame that the old times are just that, old times. -Carlos replied to Charles, looking at you.

-So optimistic, Carlos, wow. -Charles rolled his eyes.

-It seems like he's not comfortable with me, so I better go. -You said, sounding somewhat sad.

-It would be for the best. You're contradicting yourself already. You've spent a lot of time with me, and it could interfere with your plans.

-Okay, that's enough, it's none of my business but, she's my sister and you are like my brother. Stop being so childish, damn it. I told Y/n not to be so harsh on you, and now I'm telling you, Carlos, not to be so tough on her. Both of you are in complicated positions, and I understand that, but please, we had a good day, we were able to spend time together and have fun. Grow up. -You and Carlos turned to look at each other, knowing that Charles was right. You let it go and tried to enjoy that moment, acknowledging the tension but choosing to move past it and make the most of the situation.

—————————————
First off...Let's go Charles!! You tell'em how it is!
Tysm for 13K reads😭💘 it means a lot
Don't forget to vote and tell me your thoughts <3 !!