Chapter 6- Beth- Ruined

It's late Autumn, the time of year when fashion houses around the country gets ready to showcase their winter collection. I'm at my last fitting for the day, and I've been waiting for thirty minutes because the designer is running late. He was late for his rehearsals last week too, and I almost walked out then.

"Don't you not know who I am? I'm not waiting any longer! I have other places to be."

"We're so sorry--"

"I don't care how sorry you are. It's ridiculous!"

I begin to gather my things, and it makes the designer's assistant nervous.

"Please, just give me five minutes. I'll try to get him on the phone." She doesn't wait for my reply as she reaches for it.

Shrugging I say, "five minutes--any more than that and I'm gone!"

The assistant nods quickly then she leaves to make the call. Sitting back, I look out the window at the busy street and beyond thinking why I bothered coming here today.

I haven't gone through this process in, well...never. As far as I can remember, I've never had to wait because my families name carries a lot of weight in this world, so people don't get on my bad side. It's obvious these people don't know who I am, otherwise, I wouldn't be waiting.

Off a heavy huff, I look away from the street to check the time on my phone, and the sound of a revving bike makes me look back as a black motorbike pulls over to park. When the rider takes off his helmet and I see his face, I forget to breath, again.

It's Micah. I haven't seen him in two months. Now he looks mysterious in his black leather jacket and V-neck shirt. It's paired with black jeans and black boots. He's carrying off the roguish style that top models get paid a lot of money for without effort, but as I watch him, carnival night flash in my mind and I lick my lips. He tasted good.

Looking him over, I don't see his logo anywhere on his clothes, and it's almost five in the evening, so this must mean that he's not working. I keep watch as he opens the seat to swap his helmet and jacket for a black trench coat then he dons a pair of black shades, the ones that I gave to him. After securing the bike, he walks coolly across the street with his hands tucked inside his pockets and confidence flowing off him. Curious, I keep my eyes on him as I start to gather my things, and at the same time the assistant comes back.

"I'm sorry, he won't be able to make --"

"Yes, well-so am I." I don't wait for her to say anything as I rush pass her.

***

It's nippy outside and I have nothing to cover up with because I left my coat in the car. My satin green duster isn't doing anything to ward of the chill that's creeping through my black body suit, and I just hope my toes don't get frostbites as I dash across the street in my open toe heels.

I'm following a safe distant behind Micah and when he goes in a restaurant, I stay back for a while to make sure enough time passes before I go in too. Still keeping my distance, I go over to the bar and order a cocktail, then I glance around for him.

He's sitting in a quiet spot alone, so I get ready to go over, but then a woman shows up and he stands to kiss her cheek in greeting. That makes me sit back in my chair as he pulls one out for her. I should leave now but I'm interested to find out what he's like outside of his cool persona.

I don't want to be obvious and out of boredom I check out the restaurant. It's a sophisticated little spot. The décor looks good. The high magnolia walls, case by black doors and glass windows, also framed black, makes the room feels more spacious than it already is. The hanging lights dropping down from the ceiling ties in well with the white tables and red chairs, and the greenery jotted around the room creates privacy and a sense of nature. There's soft music playing in the background too which adds more romance to the room. I think I like the restaurant and I'll revisit on a day where I'm not stalking someone.