Chapter -4- Beth- Intentions

Today is one of my favourite days in the year. It's carnival day. It happens annually every summer and it's the biggest one in the city. I'm really looking forwards to what the day brings because I love the food, mix of culture, and atmosphere.

The downside is, I have to work, and don't have anyone to party with later because I'm isolating myself from Katherine. We normally get together with few friends, but after the other night, things have gone weird again.

"Beth, you look stunning! I love your costume."

I already know and don't say thanks when Cassie said that.

"We're going to few parties when the carnival is over. You should come with us." She tells me checking her hair.

"Yeah ok," I reply nonchalant like I wasn't happy for the invitation.

"Yippee! Do you have something to wear?"

Everyone knows Cassie isn't the brightest crayon in the box. She should thank God for her looks. I don't know what she's going to do when it fades.

"Cas, we're literally dressed for carnival."

"Ooh yeah right! Well... see you there then."

She starts to leave, and I stop her. "Cas, you're inviting- where should I meet you?"

"Oh sorry. It would be good if you knew where. It's in St Pauls."

Jesus Christ! It's like bleeding blood out of stones to get the information that I need. I should point out that we're here, but I don't want to be rude, so I draw in a deep breath to ease the frustration that's building at the back of my head.

"Cas, tell me where you and the others are going after we finish doing promos."

"Oh, why didn't you just ask that?" She shots back. I thought I did.

"It's not far from our VIP area, I'll come find you."

I feel like drawing her a map so she can use it when she gets lost. "I'll keep a lookout, Cassie."

She leaves and I go back to staring at my phone. The picture on it is not the one that I should be looking at, but it's there. It's one of me with Micah together at Harold's event. He's hunched over me and I'm smiling sweetly up at him. It looks like we're together, and I don't mind saying that we look good.

Although, I'm still using his services, I haven't seen him since the event which was two weeks ago and the man who took over from him won't tell me where he is.

It's irritating. I don't know why and for some reason, I want to make sure the story in the press isn't impacting his personal life.

"It's time!" One of the organizers shouts and when the other models take off, I join them for the promo sessions.

***

I'm done taking pictures, promos are over, I've finished working for the day, now I get to do whatever I want, but I need to change my outfit. My Angel costume is heavy and the straps has begun to rub my skin.

When I get back to the area where my nightliner carrier is parked. A semi huge stall is set-up in its place with people gathered around it. They're drinking and dancing to loud reggae music blasting from the speakers and no one notices me. I gladly join them while more people swarms to the music and not long after, a mass.

Midday came quickly and by then I start worry because I need to find my road crew before it gets dark. Taking a break from my fun, I begin to push through the crowd in search but the wings on my back becomes heavy as I get tired.