Introduction

The Districts must be punished, President Cummings recites in his head, over and over as he paces through his office. Each step he takes, the more irrational his ideas get.

As soon as he finally gets control over himself and sits at his desk, there is a knock on the door.

"Come in," Cummings calls out impatiently.

The door opens and Elecsai Excalibur walks in, "Sir, I have an idea. Do you mind?" he asks, gesturing to a chair.

Cummings nods and clears his throat, "If it's in favor of the impending punishment the Districts are awaiting, I am happy to listen."

Elecsai nods and smiles mischievously, "It is most certainly a punishment for the Districts," he states, "The idea me and some others had is called The Hunger Games. The main idea is that annually, an escort will be sent to each of the Districts to choose one male and female in a drawing. The twenty-four chosen will be sent here, to the Capitol, to be put inside of an inescapable, man-made arena to fight to the death until one lone victor remains."

"What is to become of this victor?" asks Cummings, slowly stroking his chin.

"They will be sent back to their District, of course, their home," states Elecsai, as if it is obvious, "And the best part of this punishment is that it is televised all over Panem."

Cummings grins at that, then slightly frowns, "But how can we test this out? We can't simply create an arena and send people from the Districts in, there are bound to be problems..."

Elecsai shrugs, "Remember those prisoners we took from District Thirteen right before the bombings?"

Cummings nods, going along with Elecsai's plan.

"We could use them, pick twenty-four of them."

An evil smirk registers in Cummings face, "Perfect. Begin construction on this arena immediately. You will be running this project."

Elecsai jumps up and nods, "I'll be right on it," he says ecstatically and hurries out of the room.

As Elecsai exits the room, Cummings takes out a piece of paper and begins brainstorming ideas for The Hunger Games, the new sport of Panem.