2

As soon as Dennise got home, the only thing she did was to stare at her phone. She has been waiting for Alyssa's calls or messages and since she did not want to miss any of it, she's been on watch but so far, there was none.

She pushed off the thought that Alyssa was not that interested in her as how interested Dennise is to Alyssa. Instead, she remained hopeful that in every time her phone lit up, it was Alyssa.

She was wrong. She waited for two days and yet, she got nothing from Alyssa. She berated herself for not acquiring Alyssa's number as she was too confident that Alyssa would call her right away.

She thought of looking for her in Alyssa's condo but her ego was getting in her way. She believed that if Alyssa wanted to be with her, she would.

"Hay nako, Dennise Michelle Lazaro." Ella, her friend who was also in the same medical school, sighed loudly. She was getting tired and impatient of Den's occasional glances on her phone. "Sino ba kasi ang hinihintay mo jan?"

"Wala," Dennise placed her phone back on the table and did her best to focus on the book she has to read. Not long after, she found herself staring at her phone again which really frustrated her.

She slumped to her chair while taking a sip of her frappe. It was Tuesday afternoon and they decided to hang out in a coffee shop to relax themselves after their hellish last class. She was starting to drift off when Ella accidentally elbowed her head.

"O-ooops! Sorry, Den."

Den glared at her... then at those two people who just entered the shop and occupied the table not too far away behind Ella. Her eyes widened when she realized it was Alyssa. She wanted to run to her, ask her why she never tried to reach for her but maybe, she did not really care for her after all.

Besides, Alyssa has a company. A girl. Maybe her new girlfriend.

"Besh... let's go," Den whispered to her friend then she gathered all her things. She almost spilled the half-full glass of coffee on her laptop as her hands were trembling. "H-headache..."

"Hala, I am sorry! Di ko sinasadya, Besh."

"No. Masakit lang talaga ang ulo ko... Let's go." Dennise quickly grabbed her bag and ran out of the shop. She fished for her key while Ella was lagging behind. She saw Ella enter her own car and drove next to Den. "I am fine. Go na. Bye!"

"You're weird, Denden." Ella remarked and poke her head out of her window. Dennise kissed her friend's cheek. "Seryoso, Den. Call me once you're home."