Chapter 27

It had been a week since Soundwave and the others had returned to the Decepticons and things were going well under way. None of them remembered what had happened and each had resumed their own tasks soon enough.

Megatron had Knockout come up with some story that the relic gave them some kind of virus that caused their systems to go haywire and crash though the Autobots had tried to take them as an advantage and that's how they woke up in the desert. Seeing as it was the only real explanation, they took it and moved on.

Shockwave had begun his second round of predacon creations with Predaking though he did still need more of their fossilized bones in order to do so. 

The three vehicons that had been changed went back to their usual schedules and Soundwave was back in front of the monitor, decoding databases.

Upon return, he'd informed Megatron how he'd been changed in the first place and in doing so, earned Starscream severe punishment for trying to get rid of one of the Decepticon's most important assets. All in all, everything had gone back to normal.

But an unease had settled at the back of Soundwave's mind. A lot of strange things had occurred since returning.

For starters were mainly his and Laserbeaks's looks. At first, he'd noticed nothing different except on his first night back, he'd ejected the mini-con to find a scarf wrapped around his neck that was hidden when he was attached. Having no idea where it came from, he tried to remove it. Laserbeak seemed against that idea and clicked indignantly whenever he attempted, although the drone could not explain why.

Another thing he noticed was that his visor seemed to have changed as well. The differences were subtle but it was definitely not the one he'd been wearing when Starscream had shot at him.

He remembered the fright he'd given himself when he looked at a computer screen and a ・_・ face appeared on it, reflecting his emotions. He had jumped back in surprise, startling a few vehicons in the room. Right after that, he'd made arrangements to get a new one.

But that wasn't all

Looking at the cameras had revealed the three vehicons, the seeker, miner, and trooper, had been meeting up more than they usually would but whenever he went there, they'd be long gone.

Whenever someone entered Shockwave's lab, Predaking would look up hopefully, almost like he was waiting for someone before seeing who it was and his helm fell down in disappointment.

The scientist himself seemed to be different as well. The usually emotionless and cold Shockwave had been seen laughing before he stopped after catching himself. He seemed more friendly towards the vehicons and Soundwave as well as treating Predaking like a cat, sometimes cuddling and stroking his helm which freaked everyone out a bit. And he seemed to have also developed a liking for bombs.

Megatron noticed all these things and continuously reassured them they would drop the habits and features in no time. But one last thing bothered Soundwave and it wasn't his personality.

He'd been scrolling through the index on his visor to find much had been altered.

He suspected more things had changed and had seen for himself that his photo gallery had expanded considerably. After having a look at its contents, he had found it to be filled with photos and videos of things he had no memory of taking yet they felt oddly familiar.

There were ones that had Shockwave, Predaking, and the three vehicons in, only they seemed to be tiny, for some reason in a human house. There were also a lot of the three teenagers they had seen when they got back, all of them holding two bots and grinning.