Chapter 4

Sun streamed through the open window, sending beams directly at Jennifer's bed and casting them across her face. She stirred a bit before opening her eye, blinking to adjust to the bright light.

Memories of last night came back to her and like many times before, she prayed it wasn't a dream. She closed her eyes and turned over, afraid if she opened then, he wouldn't be there. After a few moments, she cracked her eyes open a sliver. Sighing in relief, she opened them fully and smiled.

On her bedside desk was a tissue box. It's top part had been removed and it was now filled with a small mattress, a mini pillow, a cloth sized blanket and underneath that, a small navy mech and an even smaller drone. Soundwave hugged Laserbeak as he slept, holding him close like a stuffed toy.

Jennifer quietly got up and carefully out of bed, trying her hardest not to wake the two sleeping bots. She gathered her clothes and went to the bathroom between her and Mike's room. She started changing, remembering what happened before she went to sleep.

Her mother had said she could keep Soundwave in her room. Mike grumbled but agreed in the end. All they needed, was a bed for the two.

Jennifer went and cut the top off a tissue box and put a beanbag inside. Her mother had gone to her sowing box, removed all the pins from the pincushion and placed it inside as a pillow. She'd then cut a small corner off of an old blanket for him to use. It wasn't perfect, but it would do for now.

She'd taken it upstairs with them on her shoulder and Laserbeak next to him. The two had immediately loved the makeshift bed, rolling around and poking the beanbag. Jennifer watched a laughed for a bit before telling them they needed to sleep. That had earned her a few reluctant beeps and chirps but the two passed out in the end after a long day of running.

She pulled her dark blue hoodie over her head, her black one still drying after last night, and walked out, back to her room. She opened to door to find Soundwave stretching his arms and Laserbeak circling him. At the sound of her entering, the mini drone somehow leapt in the air and flew over to her, nuzzling her cheek.

'Morning you.' She giggled and lifted her hands up so the little mech could rest in them. She walked over to the desk and gave him back to Soundwave who took him in a hug and gave her a thankful nod.

'Come on you two.' She said, putting down her hand for him to climb onto before transferring him to her shoulder where he sat, still hugging Laserbeak. She angled herself so he didn't fall when she went down the steps and into the kitchen where her brother and mother were already waiting.

'Morning honey' Her mom turned and said as she came in, 'See you still have you little friends.' She implied to the bots on her shoulder. Michael, still in his pajamas with his usual mop of hair standing all over the place, looked up from his cereal and paused a moment.

Both his hands shot up triumphantly in the air, 'It wasn't a dream!' He cheered, grinning from ear to ear. 'No it wasn't.' His twin replied and set the bot on the counter, going off to the side to get his oil.

She gave him the cup and straw and poured her own bowl of cereal. The four of them ate together and their father only came through when they were clearing up. 'Morning Jason.' Her mother said as she kissed his cheek. 'Morning Bonnie.' He replied and hugged her.

Mike gave him a hasty good morning before sprinting up the stairs. 'We need to get that boy an alarm clock.' His dad said as he sat down.

Jennifer carried Soundwave upstairs, back to the bathroom where she sent him down on the sink and began brushing her teeth. The small bot poked at the toothpaste tube, intrigued by the squishy texture. He poked harder and a bit shot out the end, making him jump.