Chapter 21

Valentines special requested by Hourling4

https://za.pinterest.com/pin/129267451792533763/ , just a pin of what I imagine him to look like :).

Soundwave walked across the war-torn landscape for a bit before he stopped and looked around. Laserbeak flew over and landed on his shoulder while another set of footsteps was heard next to him and a navy and purple cyber panther came to a halt by his side.

The trio carefully surveyed the ruins of the city before wandering further, down the torn-up streets and around the ever-growing piles of rubble. He briefly picked through some before moving on.

The panther went on ahead of him, poking around the crumbling and energon-splattered buildings but Soundwave paid him no attention. He knew Ravage could look after himself.

Big mistake.

His helm shot up when a shot went off in that direction and a pained howl was heard, followed by shouts and shifting of metal.

Dropping the scraps he was holding, the lanky mech sprinted to where they were and rounded the wall as the Autobots approached Ravage. The mini-con was lying on the floor, bleeding out profusely from a large blast wound on his stomach.

They yelled in triumph and nudged him with their pedes. A big grin was displayed on the blue mech's face as he looked down at Ravage, his gun still smoking.

Soundwave screeched and ran at them, his sharp digits bared and Laserbeak firing at them. The Autobots looked up and their faces paled when they realized who it was. Being scouts, they had little knowledge of hand-to-hand combat.

They all backed away as he came forward, a menacing vibe emanating from him. His tentacles waved threateningly, crackling with electricity and trained on the mech as Soundwave knelt next to the panther.

He carefully picked up his symbiote, cradling Ravage in his long arms and trying to cover the wound but energon seeped through his digits at an alarming rate.

His helm slowly turned up to the mechs, his face displaying a snarl while theirs were full of pure terror. But the snarl dropped when the bot in front of him glitched, his frame distorting and changing.

He stared as the dark blue color became light gray and pointed, light blue optics changed to piercing red and a giant cannon appeared on their right arm.

The weight in his arms also shifted and lessened, making him look down. Ravage had disappeared and been replaced so that now, a small human girl lay in his place.

Soundwave felt his optics widen as he gently nudged her but she didn't stir. Her face was pale and her eye closed while she lay there, motionless in his palm.

Cruel, cold laughter cut through the air and he turned his helm up as Megatron grinned evilly, not at him, but the teen in his arms. Again, he started to change back to the blue mech. The girl did as well, becoming Ravage again but both forms flickered in and out of the two, as if neither could decide which would be a worse scenario.

Soundwave just screamed and held them close, his spark being pierced by the death of his mini-con as well as his best friend.

ZWEEP! He yelled and shot up, knocking a recharging Laserbeak off his chest and onto the beanbag mattress. The alarm next to him showed it was only 9:30 pm. He'd just fallen asleep but the dream had come so quickly.

Jennifer turned away from her book and looked at him, an eyebrow raised. She set 'Light' down and swung her feet off the side of the bed so she was sitting, facing them. 'You ok?' She asked the small bot as he sat there, breathing heavily.