Chapter 9

Jennifer gasped and shot up in her bed, the image of the creepy white face with red eyes burned into her mind. She took a few deep breathes and looked around. It was three in the morning, the sky was still dark outside.

She smiled and relaxed at the small sleeping form of Soundwave and Laserbeak, curled up in their box but frowned when she looked out the window. Last nights events had clearly left their mark on her as she kept expecting to see those bot's faces appear in her window.

She groaned and flopped back down, rubbing her eyes and trying fall asleep again but just ended up staring at the ceiling. She sighed and thought what Nicholas had said, about the robots coming after them now.

'Let's hope if we do,' she whispered, 'We're found by the right ones.' 

Beep? Quietly came from her desk. She looked over to see a small screen peeking over the box, illuminating the small patch around it. 'Sorry if I woke you.' She apologized to the small bot, 'Just couldn't sleep.'

Soundwave tilted his head before climbing out, hugging Laserbeak close and trudging over to the edge of the desk. He then looked from the edge to her, making grabbing motions in her direction.

Jen stifled a laugh and held her hand out for him to climb on before bringing him back over where he plopped onto her pillow. The small mech then lay down and grabbed a bit of blanket near him, pulling it over himself and curling up next to her.

Jennifer smiled and put a hand over him. He took hold of her thumb in his arms and held it close next to Laserbeak, his screen shutting off, signaling he'd powered down. 'Thanks Soundy.' She whispered and closed her eyes, finally drifting off again.

——————

The twins peeked around the corner, making sure it was clear of any vehicles. After last night, they weren't taking any chances. They'd arranged trying to meet up again with Nick at the park this morning and discuss the recent events.

'Still don't think doing this right in the open is a good idea.' Jen said to her brother as they crossed the street. 'It's better than most places.' Michael shrugged, 'I doubt they even know we're here.'

'But they could.' A voice behind them said and both siblings spun around to see Nicholas walking towards them, hands in his pockets and hood bulging, indicating Predaking was back there.

'I just checked out Miko's house.' He said and stuck his thumb in the direction behind him, 'Cars gone and no one's home. Also had to hide when Darby came round the corner on his bike. He seemed to be circling the area where I live. I suggest we take cover.'

'So you're saying we have no idea where they are?' Jennifer facepalmed as Nick hoisted himself into a nearby tree. 'And that they seem to be looking for us.' Mike frowned as he followed his friend up. Brum trum? Shockwave asked and leaned against the teens face, hand on his hip in a "shouldn't we be hiding better then?" fashion.

'That's what I said!' Jennifer complained and took a quick look around before joining the boys in the tree. Predaking's head then popped up over Nick's shoulder and he hopped out onto a branch, chittered excitedly and scampered up the bark. 'Don't go too far!' Nick called, 'I don't know why but I get the feeling you guys want to meet these bots.' He sighed.

Beep boop zweeee! Soundwave said from Jennifer's front pocket and punched the air in front of him. Laserbeak peeked over the fabric next to him and chirped in agreement. Shockwave nodded his head rapidly. 'Sometimes I feel like you guys don't understand these situations.' Jennifer said and scratched the small bots head.

'Heads up.' Mike said and parted the leaves next to him. The others peered through to see three familiar vehicles pull up by the curb. 'Oh what a wonderful coincidence.' Jennifer said sarcastically. 'Shhh!' Mike said as three people came over.