°° Twenty Six°°

°˖✧✿✧˖°

°˖✧✿✧˖°

It rained heavily and thunder rolled as the two stared intently at each other under a cloudless sky, covered with raindrops. Jungkook's hands and lips shivered as droplets slid down their bodies and his grip around the elder's hands tightened.

Seokjin took a deep breath, his face twisted in an unreadable expression as he waited for Jungkook to speak up. "What is it? Speak fast!"

"Hyung I-" Jungkook's throat clogged with bile. But his heart screamed. This was the chance, the moment he needed to speak out his heart. His blood pulsed through his veins and his heart hammered in his chest.

Jungkook was filled with a mix of emotions, from fear to exhilaration, from doubt to joy. He was nervous and scared, but at the same time, he was excited and full of hope. He had to muster up his courage to confess his feelings, but he was determined to do so.

He took a deep breath and let it out slowly before he stepped forward and spoke the words he had been rehearsing in his mind. With his heart pounding in anticipation as the words rolled out of his tongue on their own.

His heart's words.

"Hyung, you said that I don't have any right to stop you from getting married because I don't love you-"

"But I do love you!" Jungkook let out, eyes shedding tears that mixed with rain water as soon as he let them out from the restrictions of his eyes.

Seokjin's orbs enlarged as he stared at him. At the loss of words.

"I was really really stupid to not realize it, I was in denial."

"Denial that I'm worthy of love from someone like you. Please try to understand my point of view, Hyung. I was heartbroken and didn't believe in love anymore so it was really hard for me to accept love directed to me." Jungkook hiccupped as he pressed Seokjin's hand to his chest, looking up at him with pleading eyes, lips shivering.

Seokjin stayed quiet, allowing Jungkook to finish his words. His heart hammered in his chest and blood rose up to his cheeks and neck. The rain had slowed down by now, just tiny droplets pouring constantly.

"The person I thought loved me, he broke me badly and humiliated me in front of everyone as if it was my fault to give in to affection, as if it was a sin to fall in love. It affected me badly and I assumed that I could never be loved by anyone. And when you confessed to me in Italy.-"

Jungkook took a moment before continuing, "-it was like everything was repeating itself. I feared that I would get hurt again and I didn't want that. I also didn't want to lose you as a person in my life so I did that. I didn't want you to hate me like he did-" he confessed.

"That's why I rejected you, not knowing how much I was hurting you just to protect my assumptions. And I'm really sorry for being so selfish and mean to you just to validate my denial."