Chapter 64: Goodbye 3rd Hokage

Kei let out a soft groan as she slowly began to open her eyes and was greeted by a blinding white, causing her to wince from the sudden light shining on her face. After a few more minutes, her eyes adjusted to the light.

She then realized that she was inside of hospital room after feeling that she wasn't wearing any pants but instead a hospital gown.

'How did I get here at the hospital? I don't remember anything after my father took off.' She thought, shifting in her hospital bed but wincing, feeling a stabbing pain in her side and head.

"Finally awake, I see," A soft female voice said, gaining Kei's attention out of her thoughts.

Kei jumped up in surprise and winced, falling back down on the bed, hit by a searing pain.

"Ah," Kei groaned, squinting her eyes in pain, and brought a hand to her side and chest, rubbing It and feeling a lump underneath her hospital gown.

"I wouldn't move too much if I was you. Your rib cage and chest took some damage. Luckily, nothing was broken but a sprain and bruised. You also have signs of a concussion, so your head is going to hurt," A young lady with green hair tied back in a short ponytail said, shining a light in Kei's eyes.

"How did I get here?" Kei asked.

"You were brought here by Genma after retrieving you off the arena's roof. Completely out cold near the Third Hokage," The medic replied."My name is Haruka, and I have been the medical ninja in charge of treating you. I'm seeing signs of concussion. That is why your head is in a lot of pain."

"How long am I stuck here?" Kei asked.

"You will be given pain medication for your head and possibly released tomorrow, depending on the dizzy spells from the concussion and your ability to walk with the bruised rib."

Kei sighed as she leaned back against the pillow as her medic finished checking her eyes and adjusted a brace around her rib as well as one on her chest.

"I will go and ask a nurse to come and bring you some food. I have to check your blood work. There is something I was curious about and need to double check it," She said, walking towards the door."Also, that note was left for you," She said, pointing at the small stand beside her bed.

"Huh?" Kei said, reaching over carefully and grabbing a folded note.

"I will be back with your medication shortly," Haruka said, leaving the hospital room.

Kei unfolded the note as Haruka left the room and started to read it.

Hello Kei-chan,

I overheard that you were hurt during the invasion. Sadly I wasn't able to stay until you were woken up. We needed to head back to the village soon as possible. I really wanted to see you when you woke up. I admit I was hurt you left me, but even so, my heart could never hate you. Seeing you again after all this time reminded me how important you were to you the moment saw your bright golden eyes. Those eyes always made me feel strange inside my chest.

Gaara

Kei felt a faint smile coming to her face from Gaara's words. She then folded up the note and placed it on the stand, and lay back comfortably in the bed, and closed her eyes.

***

Kei softly snored as she slept peacefully in her hospital bed on her back, avoiding lying on her injured ribs.

However, her peaceful slumber was disturbed as the door was roughly slammed open, causing her to jump in fright and wince from the sudden movement.