Chapter 56: The Crystal Serpent Determination

"Oh, but I do know, and sure, others know as well who you look like," Ren muttered."Oh, don't worry; that makes this fight even more interesting," She said, throwing shuriken at Kei.

"I don't care what you think you know about me," Kei snapped."My heritage has nothing to do with me," She said, lifting her arms and catching the shuriken with snakes from her sleeves.

"That justu," A voice said from up in the crowd.

"So you learn some new tricks," Ren commented with a smirk."Alright, let's see if you can counter this," She said, making hand signs and placing her hands on the ground.

A large pillar of stone spikes rises from the ground and heads straight for Kei, but then suddenly, he is gone before the points can hit her.

"What she went!" Ren said in shock, looking around for Kei.

"How she disappeared so fast!?" Naruto questioned loudly.

"I take it you're looking for me," Kei said suddenly from behind Ren.

Ren turned in surprise as she saw Kei appearing from under the ground. The Third Hokage looked at Kei in surprise at the justu she used.

'That's just like her father. How did she learn both of his techniques? It couldn't all just be from watching him, like the technique she used in the preliminary match.' The Third Hokage thought, watching Kei aim at kunai straight at Ren's neck.

"I'm going down that easy admit you caught me by surprise," Ren said, grabbing Kei's hand and kicking her in the stomach, sending her falling back and dropping the kunai.

"Ugh," Kei groaned, holding his stomach as she started to get on back up from the ground."I wasn't planning on taking you down that easily," She said, smiling and showing her snake-like fangs.

"What are you smiling about, serpent?" Ren questioned, aiming a punch at Kei.

"Because you shouldn't have let your guard down so quickly," Kei smiled as another one of her appeared from behind Ren and wrapped a snake around her, tossing her in the air. The one on the ground and jumped up and punched her in the stomach, sending her knocking to the ground.

"Haven't you learned from your sensei not to let your guard down?" Kei asked, walking over to Ren and slowly getting up from the ground as the second one turned into multiple white snakes.

"A snake clone," Ren gasped."You are his child for sure," She said lowly as Kei stood above her.

"What is that supposed to mean, and how do you even know my father?" Kei asked, leaning toward Ren's ear.

"Oh, who doesn't know the rouge Snake Sannin of the Hidden Leaf," Ren smirked."He and the other Sannin are talked about everywhere."

"He might be my father, but I show everyone who fears that I go down a dark path that I'm on a different path," Kei stated with her eyes hardened.

'So she found out the truth about her father after all. It's just as I figure Orochimaru did more than give her the curse mark he got into her head.' The Third Hokage thought, watching the match between Kei and Ren, hearing the determination in her voice.

"What is Kei talking about her father?" Naruto asked, looking over at Kaito and Akira.

"That is something you have to ask her, but she ran into her father recently and hasn't been herself lately," Kaito replied."She always wanted to know, but most people avoided talking about him. Not a good person, it seems."

"Oh, you so sure about that?" Ren asked.

"I'll show you my true power, but do you think you handle it!" Kei commented, making hand signs as she released a barrage of Crystal shuriken, creating cuts on her skin.

"Impressive, you got better at your crystal style. Now things will get even more interesting," Ren said, looking at her cuts as she stood up.

"More like the end of the match for you," Kei stated, forming sharp crystal blades on her arms as she ran towards Ren.

"Think again," Rem stated, placing her hands on the ground and forming a dense earth wall blocking Kei's incoming attack.

"No, you think again," Kei said as she appeared behind Ren and hit Ren in the back with the sharp blade knocking her to the ground.

"You're definitely the type of opponent I was hoping for in the final matches," Ren said with a smile holding her arm and seeing the blood from the cuts from the crystals.

"I glad to hear that im the kind of opponent you were looking for," Kei said, walking over towards Ren."However, I suggest you forfeit the match unless you want to die from continuing to fight me in your condition," She stated, holding kunai close to Ren's neck.

Ren swallows deeply, looking at her body and then at Kei.

"Alright, I forfeit my body reaching its limit, and besides, you outsmarted my every move," Ren said.

"Since Ren Tamekaze forfeits the match. The winner is Kei Misaki!" Genma announced, looking at the bleeding wounds Ren had.

"Yay, you rock, Kei!" Kaito cheered.

"Good job Kei!" Akira cheered.

"That girl was amazing. So much strength for a Genin!" Someone in the crowd shouted.

"Yeah, I wonder who she got her skills from her father or mother," Another person said.

'Kei is truly a genius like her father. She grew to be like him, with every day in strength, but not personality through when pushed; she was like a snake ready to strike like Orochimaru.' The Third Hokage thought, watching Kei put away her kunai as Naruto jumped on down toward her.

"Kei, that was incredible. Where did you learn those new justu from?" Naruto asked loudly with a giant smile on his face.

"Oh, chill out already," Shikamaru said, walking over to them."Did you forget there is another match still?" He asked.

"Huh, another match?" Naruto asked, settling down slightly."Yeah, that's right," He said, recalling Sasuke's match was next.

The crowd started cheering happily, knowing Sasuke's match was coming up next.

After another couple of minutes, Genma was about to call the match a win for Gaara when a bunch of leaves started to blow around in the air when Sasuke and Kakashi appeared in the arena.

"Sorry, we're late. You wouldn't believe the traffic," Kakashi said cooly.

"And you are?" Genma asked.

"I'm Sasuke Uchiha."

"So you showed up, Uchiha," Kei commented.

"Kei take it, won. You were always quite skilled," Sasuke said with a smirk.

"Yeah, Uchiha, luck to you," Kei said as she glanced at Gaara and saw his hardened expression."Gaara, no joke, not even when we were kids," She said, walking towards the stairs leaving Naruto to his rivalry between him and Sasuke.

💖💖💖

Hey, my lovely readers!

I have finally finished writing and editing chapter 56 of The Crystal Serpent. I hope you all enjoy reading the chapter. Let me know what you think in the comments.

The match between Gaara and Sasuke is finally here. So is the invasion led by Orochimaru. Hopefully, the invasion arc and Kei's involvement in the turn will come out ideally.

Q: What did you think of Kei's match?

Thank you for reading!

Wc: 1216