Chapter 32: Kei's rage & Hidden Memory revealed

Kei was currently surrounded by nothing but darkness. Opening her eyes, she found herself inside a strange sparkling and purple area.

'What is this place? Where am I?'  She thought as she looked around the place, trying to figure out what was happening.

The last she remembered was getting bitten by that strange lady that seemed to know her somehow.

She then spotted a young girl with short Amethyst purple and black hair with her head hanging down. She was wearing a dark purple kimono with a pink crystal symbol on the back and matching pants to go with it.

'Who is that?' She thought with her eyes narrow as she looked at the girl across from her with her head hanging down.

She lifted her head slightly, giving Kei a better look to recognize who the girl was finally.

'Wait a minute, that is me a long time ago before my hair became all black, losing my mom's hair color.' She thought, looking at the girl's face.

"Sumato didn't have to die.  That day didn't have to happen," Her younger self muttered, grinding her teeth as a tear fell from her eye and the towards of the purple area.

A dripping sound was heard as the tears hit the ground.

"He died because I wasn't powerful enough to keep him alive," She said.

Suddenly the scene changed to show a medium size brown with a black roof covered in smoke. She then saw her younger self looking at the scarred body of a boy four years older than her on the ground, with her bangs covering her eyes. He had slightly spiky short violet hair.

"My older brother is dead because of me. It's all my fault," She continued as suddenly a woman appeared behind her younger self.

The woman was a tall and hourglass-built female in her mid thirty's. Her long Violet hair went down to her mid-back, and her bright Lavender eyes. She looked at the boy and then toward the young girl.

"Kei sweetie, what happened to Sumato?" She asked, looking at the young girl.

"H-He de-dead," The younger Kei replied, looking at her brother, shaking uncontrollably.

"Kei, what happened, sweetie," The woman asked nervously as her daughter shaking."The house is smoking like a fire happened, and Sumato is dead," She said, concerned.

"He-He d-dead,"  She repeated as her eyes widened. "Big brother is dead because I couldn't do anything to save him!"

'That night, I remember two years before my mother's death. I forgot about what happened that night and have never talked about my brother since then. I only talked about him with Gaara. I still don't know what caused that fire, just that I couldn't save him.' Kei thought as the scene changed back to the strange purple area.

"That day, why did you show me that awful day? I forgot that painful day, and now you made me remember the death of my big brother," Kei said to her younger self.

"Because we were too weak to protect big brother," The young Kei said with her manga still covering her face. "And we're still too weak to protect the people we care about still."

"You're wrong."

"Am I? You couldn't even take that Grass Shinboi and keep her from going for Naruto's team, and who knows what happened to them because you were too weak," Her younger self mocked.

"Shut it. That person wasn't even a real Genin. I didn't have any way to fight someone who wasn't on my level as a shinboi, especially not who I'm positive was my own father," Older Kei whispered, looking at her younger self.