Chapter 13: The search for the mysterious animal begins

"Hey, sensei," Akira said as we walked through the woods, searching for our target.

"Yes, Akira," Mizuko-sensei said, looking up from the map that was marked with the location of the animal had been to so far.

"How long do you think it will take to find our target?" Akira asked.

"It hard to say we have a map marked when the place it been seen, but the animal probably keeping itself hidden," Mizuko-sensei said. "For now, we stop at each location and search for the creature."

"Got it. How long till we reach the first spot?" Kaito asked.

"The last spot the ANBU spotted the damage the animal has caused during morning patrol to check for any sign of threats to the village is about 8 hours away," Mizuko-sensei said.

"So we only checking the most recent spot our all of them?" I asked.

"I doubt I will be backtracking, so we mainly just have to search around the most recent spot for our target, "Mizuko-sensei replied.

"Understand," We said, continuing to walk through the woods to search for any clues that might help us find our target.

'I hope it doesn't take long to find our target.'

**

"How about we take a break to eat some lunch," Mizuko-sensei said as she stopped walking. "We have another three hours until we reach the location."

"Sounds good. What for lunch?" Kaito asked.

"I packed some riceballs and sandwiches, and there is a river nearby where we can catch some fish. Also, Kei and Akira probably packed some extra food," Mizuko-sensei replied while taking her bag off.

"I have chips and some dumplings, and that's about it," Akira said, digging inside her bag. "What did you pack, Kei?" She asked.

"I believe my guardian who been taking care of me since I moved here. Had packed a few bento lunches," I replied.

"Well, if we run out of food. It is not hard to find a river full of fish or trees full of fruit, Mizuko-sensei said. Anyway, everyone eat on up and then continue making our way to our location." She said, heading Kaito a sandwich and rice balls.

"Alright," Kaito said, taking the sandwich and rice balls.

"Sounds like a plan, Mizuko-sensei," I said after taking a bite of my bento.

"So Kei, you don't live alone?" Akira asked, drinking some of her water.

"No, I live with a crazy lady named Anko. It was originally going to be until they found an empty apartment, but I decided to stay with Anko. She's not that bad," I said.

"Cool, I live in an apartment by myself," Akira said.

"You don't have any parents?" I asked.

"No, my mom died when I was 5, and I never met my father," she replied.

"You mentioned a sister, so she doesn't live with you?" Kaito asked, joining into the conversation.

"Well, my mother had a great healing ability, so she was forced to work at the clinic, but being forced to use it so much was killing," Akira said.  They wanted me and my sister to start working there, but I didn't want to be used as a tool, especially when I didn't know much about my ability. My sister stayed so I could get away. I hope to see her again one day, though," She said.

"I'm sure you'll see her again one day," I said.

"Kei right Akira, you see her again, "Kaito said.

"Kei and my son are both right, but after this mission, you can tell me about your healing ability. I might be able to teach you how to use it," Mizuko-sensei said.