Chapter 60: The Destruction of the Hidden Leaf Village Begins!

Kei's P.O.V

When I heard the loud explosion from up where the two Kage were sitting, my attention was immediately drawn to that direction.

"Lord Hokage!" I heard Gai exclaim loudly.

"Leave it to me," A member of the Anbu said as he suddenly dashed by and towards the direction of where the Kage were sitting.

"What going on?" Akira questioned, confused.

My eyes narrowed, trying to see what was happening, but there was too much smoke.

"Gaara!" Kankuro and Temari exclaimed.

I saw them jump into the arena where Gaara held his injured shoulder.

"Huh?" Kaito suddenly said.

I turned back toward the booth to see the Kazkage holding the Third Hokage by the neck as he came from out of the smoke. The next moment the Sand guards toss the sand cloaks off to reveal four Sound Shinobi creating a significant purple barrier.

'Sound shinobi, so then the Kazkage is my father.' I thought as I watched the Anbu go towards the barrier only to get burned by flames.

"A barrier," Akira commented."I have been getting a bad feeling all day, so something was up after all," She said, looking up at the barrier with worry in her eyes.

I simply remained quiet as I noticed the Kazkage or, more specifically, my father saying something to the Third Hokage as he spoke to him.

"Stop it, Gaara," Temari commanded.

I turned in that direction to see Gaara hunched over, looking at Sasuke kneeling on the ground.

"I must kill him!" Gaara said, walking forward until Kankuro cut him off.

"There's no point in continuing the match," Kankuro said.

"That's right, don't forget our mission," Temari said.

"Out of my way," Gaara said with a crazy look on his face pushing Kankuro Iut out of his way.

He was then stopped again, but this time by their Jounin sensei.

"What are you three doing now?" Their sensei asked."Can't you see the operations already underway?" He asked.

Gaara groaned and held his has in pain. That is when Genma appeared in front of Sasuke.

"What is going on? Tell me," Sasuke commanded.

Gaara continued to groan in pain.

"Gaara!" Temari said worriedly.

Gaara then fell to his knees on the sand underneath him.

"What's wrong?" Kankuro asked.

'Gaara, he hurt bad, isn't he?' I thought, looking at Gaara, who continued to groan in pain.

"His wounded worse than I thought," Temsrti said."And his charka's almost completely drained away," She said, looking at her sensei.

"Wait, what about using that--that--" Kankuro started but was cut out.

"It's impossible right now," Temari stated.

"What happening here?" Kaito questioned in confusion as Kankuro helped Gaara up

"Go!" Their sensei commanded.

Temari and Kankuro then took off with Gaara quickly. The moment Sasuke went on after them as Genma stopped the same sibling's sensei from stopping him from going anywhere.