Chapter 49: The tragic change in a Best Friend

Kei's P.O.V

The last couple of days of training went great. I have gotten the hang of using my Crystal style and mastered a few justu, as well as improved my Taijustu and Kenjustu. Not only that, but during my time training at night, I did master a very cool Genjustu that I showed my father.

It was a day left before the finals, and today, I decided to visit Naruto. Who I found out was in the hospital for Chraka exhaustion. So I was changing into a casual outfit instead of my usual outfit for training and missions.

My out consists of a dark blue kimono shirt and pink pants down to my ankles. As well as the necklace was given to me by my father as a birthday gift. Once, I was entirely changed out of my pajamas. I headed out of my bedroom and downstairs to head on off to the hospital to see how Naruto was recovering.

***

After grabbing a quick bowl of rice from the Rice shop, I continued to make my way to the hospital where Naruto was recovering from his training.

As I reached the hospital, I walked over to the empty desk to see that the receptionist had gone out to lunch.

"I guess I just sign in and see what room Naruto's name is written next to on the paper," I said, walking over and picking up a pen and writing my name down for visiting hours.

Once doing that, I read over the list of patients' names on the chart and located the room number Naruto was in and started making my way down the hallway to his hospital room.

'I wonder what that sensei of his was even teaching him to make him suddenly pass out.' I thought as I opened the door to the room to see Shikamaru playing a game of Shogi with an hourglass near him.

'Shikamaru here as well.' I thought to myself as I saw Shikamaru glance at Naruto lying in bed.

"Man, is he ever going to wake on up," Shikamaru commented.

"How long has he been passed out for?" I asked, making my presence known to Shikamaru.

Shikamaru paused in his game of Shogi to look over at me.

"Kei surprising to see you around," He commented."Nobody saw you around lately. Barely even Akira or Kaito hardly seen you around, except for the day of your birthday."

"Yeah, been busy training and had other reasons for keeping to myself lately," I stated."Like I asked, how long has he been passed out?"

"He has been out three days straight, apparently; he passed out after weeks of training nonstop," Shikamaru replied.

"That long, clearly, he was his usual foolish self and wasn't taking any breaks from the train," I commented."Even I rested after training day and night and passed out."

"Knowing him, he probably croaked from his training recklessly," Shikamaru said.

I simply shrugged my shoulders as I looked down at my necklace, wondering what my father was up to since he finished my training around a week before the finals. I hadn't seen him around much.

"Huh, the sand stopped," Shikamaru suddenly said, looking over at the hourglass as the sand stopped in its tracks of movement."What's up with that? Did wine opt or something? What a drag."