Chapter 68

HOTARU'S POV ~ ZERO VISIBILITY: THE SHARINGAN SHATTERS

I could see the boys trying to figure out Haku's jutsu and how to defeat it.

'Sasuke. Naruto. I believe in you!' I thought.

"Sasuke! Naruto! Don't lose to him!" Sakura yelled.

"Stop, Sakura! Don't incite them." Kakashi said.

"What?"

"Even if there was a chance that we could break that technique, they won't be able to defeat that boy." Kakashi said.

"W-What do you mean?" Sakura questioned.

Zabuza laughed.

"They don't have the mental strength to kill their feelings, in order to kill someone!" Kakashi said. Sakura gasped. "That boy knows the true pain of being a shinobi. He's different from Naruto and Sasuke."

"Exactly..... Real shinobi can't come from a peaceful village like yours. Because you don't know about the most crucial aspect of shinobi battle... gaining experience in killing." Zabuza explained.

"So-!" Sakura started. "So what are we going to do, sensei?!"

I could see Kakashi-Sensei was thinking.

"I'm sorry but, I'm going to put an end to this quickly." Kakashi said as he started to pull up his headband and reveal his Sharingan eye.

"The Sharingan huh? How uninspired." Zabuza said, then he started running towards Kakashi.

"Sensei!" Sakura yelled.

Zabuza went to stab Kakashi's Sharingan eye, but he protected it with his other hand, which was now bleeding.

"You can call me uninspired, but your afraid of the Sharingan, aren't you, Zabuza?!" Kakashi said.

"The secret techniques of a shinobi.... isn't something that you show your opponent so many times." Zabuza said.

"Be appreciative. You're the only one who has lived to see it twice... also, there will be no third time..." Kakashi said as Zabuza laughed.

"Even if you were able to defeat me, you can't defeat Haku."

"What?" I questioned in surprise.

"Ever since he was a child, I've been painstakingly teaching him ninja battle techniques. All of my techniques. On top of that, he's been developing his own skills as well! As a result, no matter how unbelievably difficult a situation has been, he's been extremely successful. He has no heart and has abandoned the concept of life. He's a fighting machine known as a shinobi. Not only that, his jutsu surpasses mine! The terrifying ability of the Kekkei Genkai. In other words, I have acquired a sophisticated tool. Unlike the scrap you're carrying around." Zabuza said as he pulled his kunai back.

My attention went back to the ice dome as Naruto used his shadow clone jutsu. Without success.

I could see my brother thinking, as Naruto once again used his shadow clone jutsu.

"Sasuke!" I yelled, as both boys fell back.

"Just because a bunch of scrap got together doesn't mean that they can defeat Haku. He's the best tool!" Zabuza said.

"There's nothing more boring than a stranger bragging. It's about time... I make my move." Kakashi said as he pulled his headband up.

"Now wait. As long as we're talking, let me brag about another thing." Zabuza said as he put his kunai away.

"Hmm?"

"In our battle before, I didn't just let you defeat me like an idiot. Haku was hiding in the corner, observing part of the battle. Haku's quite smart. With his ability to analyze, he's able to plan a counterattack after observing a technique just once. I've been anxious to copy your line, let me just say this, the same jutsu won't work on me twice. Was that it? Ninja art: Hidden Mist Jutsu!" Zabuza said.

And the most around us got thicker, so thick I could barely see anything.

"Sakura we have to stick together and protect Tazuna." I said as she nodded back at me.

"Tazuna no matter what, don't move away from us!" Sakura said.

"Yeah.... I got it." Tazuna answered.

"I can't see what's going on in that ice dome with the boys anymore." I said.

Sakura shook her head. "Me either. Will they be okay?"

"Trust my brother and Naruto. And we must do what we can do." I said.

Our visibility was close to zero.

"I can't see Kakashi-Sensei either." Sakura said as she looked around.

"He is a Jonin for a reason Sakura." I said.

Sakura gasped. "Right." She held her kunai up like I was, in a protective manner.

After a few moments had passed.

"Can you hear them?" Sakura asked me.

I shook my head. "All I hear is some clanks from the kunai or senbon. I don't know if it's from Kakashi-Sensei or Naruto and Sasuke though."

She nodded.

"We have to be careful. Zabuza is a master at the silent killing technique. He won't have to see in this thick mist to find us. Be on your guard." I said.

Sakura gasped. "Right."

'She must have forgotten that about Zabuza from our first encounter.' I thought. 'I hope Naruto and Sasuke can work together.'

That's when I sensed it. Zabuza was behind us and coming for Tazuna.

"What?!" Kakashi said as he stood in front of us.

"Too late!" Zabuza said as he drew his sword and blood flew.

Sakura and I both screamed.