Chapter 49

THE NEXT DAY

"I'm surprised you choose a place like this." Koharu commented.

"Mu and I came here last night." Izumi reasoned.

"Ah yes, and how did your date with the Tsuchikage go?" Koharu asked.

"Good. He's taking me to the festival tonight." Izumi said, as they were seated.

"Good afternoon ladies. What can I get for you?" The waiter asked.

"I honestly don't know what to get............. Can we just get the same thing?" Koharu asked.

"Certainly. And what will that be?" The waiter asked, pen in hand.

"Can we get two orders of stir fry with a small side salad with shiitake mushrooms, and water to drink?" Izumi ordered.

"Certainly. I'll be back with your order." The waiter said, then walked away.

"So about that date...." Koharu started.

"What about it?" Izumi asked.

"How exactly do you feel about the Tsuchikage?" Koharu asked with a serious face.

"I don't know. I mean he's cute. He treats me nice if that's what your asking me." Izumi said.

"It just makes sense! Now we know why you wouldn't date anyone in Konoha. They weren't your type." Koharu said as the waiter came back and gave them their food and drinks.

"It's not that." Izumi said taking a bite.

"Then what is it?" Koharu said, widening her eyes at the delicious taste of the food.

"The person I like, the reason I never dated is because it's, Tobirama-sensei." Izumi said looking down.

"Lord Tobirama? Really?" Koharu said with her eyes wide.

"Yeah. But I'm an Uchiha. He'd never date me." Izumi said looking down still.

"Don't say that! Take a chance! Everyone deserves to be happy!" Koharu said.

"He acted jealous yesterday. I......... I kissed him. He didn't kiss back though, and then he left my room." Izumi said with her eyes on the ground.

"Oh Izumi, I'm so sorry. But you said he sounded jealous!" Koharu said.

Izumi nodded. "It seemed like it at first. But I'm pretty sure it's all business to him. He just doesn't want a potential enemy to get their hands on Konoha's sharingan." Izumi explained.

"Wait if you liked Tobirama-sensei why did you agree to go on a date with Lord Mu?" Koharu asked.

"I know Tobirama-sensei would never date me. I figured why not try it and see if I'd have a little bit of fun. And I did." Izumi smiled.

"That's good. I'm glad. You deserve to be happy." Koharu smiled back at her.