Chapter 63

HOTARU'S POV ~ THE FOREST OF CHAKRA

"Kakashi-Sensei your awake!" I said as I noticed Kakashi's one eye open.

"I over exhorted myself with my use of the Sharingan." Kakashi explained.

"Kakashi-Sensei. Your Sharingan is incredible! But why use it if it causes such turmoil to your body?" Sakura asked.

"Does it have anything to do with the fact that you don't have Uchiha blood?" I asked.

"In a sense, yes Hotaru. The Sharingan is the Kekki-Genkei that belongs to the Uchiha clan. The Uchiha clan has had centuries to learn the ins and outs of the Sharingan. Including the after effects. The knowledge is then passed down through the generations." Kakashi explained.

"So did anyone train you to use it?" Sasuke asked.

"No. Overtime you just learn. But it's not perfect." Kakashi admitted.

"Which is why we are here." I said.

"Precisely." Kakashi said.

I zoned out for a few minutes until I heard........

"Listen up everyone. Zabuza is still alive." Kakashi said.

"WHAT?!" Tazuna, Sakura, Naruto and I all yelled in shock.

"What the hell are you talking about? But Kakashi-Sensei, you made sure that he was dead!" Naruto said.

"It's true, I made sure, but he was probably just in a state of near death. The senbon that the tracker ninja used has a very low ability to kill, unless it hits a vital spot. It's something that was originally used for medical treatments, like acupuncture. Ninja frackers know all about the anatomy of the human body. Putting people into a state of near death is probably simple for them. First, he went to the trouble of taking Zabuza's corpse with him, who's probably heavier than he is. Second, he used a senbon, a weapon with a low ability to kill. From these two factors, that kid wasn't aiming to kill Zabuza, but to save him." Kakashi explained.

"Aren't you reading way too much into it?" Tazuna asked.

"We can never be to careful." I said.

"No. If there's something suspicious, you must prepare for it before it's too late. That's also an iron clad rule of the shinobi!" Kakashi said agreeing with me.

Naruto started shaking, but I could tell it wasn't in fear, especially from the look on his face.

"Sensei, what do we do to prepare before it's too late?" Sakura asked. "You won't even be able to move for a while."

Kakashi started to chuckle. "I'm assigning you some training!"

"Wait a minute! Even by training we're not gonna be that strong! Our opponents so strong, you had trouble with him, even with your sharingan!"

"Sakura. Who saved me during my difficult battle? You've all quickly matured, especially Naruto! You've grown the most!"

I smiled as did Naruto.

"You noticed, Kakashi-Sensei! This is getting fun!" Naruto said.

"It's not fun at all..."