Chapter 26

THE NEXT DAY - ON THE ROAD

"On the road again!" Indra sang excitedly while laughing after only 30 minutes of walking.

They had just left the town they stayed the first night in. Hashirama smiled at Indra's childish antics.

"Indra. Honestly, why do you act the way you do at the academy? And why do you treat your mother the way you do?" Madara couldn't help but ask.

"You personally trained me dad. My skill level is far more superior to any other 8 year olds at the academy! And mom is to nice and soft! She stifles me. She tried to take me away from you dad." Indra explained.

"For your protection." Madara corrected.

"I don't need protection! I need my father! I need to be strong! I want to be strong. For uncle Izuna's memory." Indra said passionately.

"You are strong. For your age. You have a lot to learn as you get older though." Hashirama said.

"Why are we going to this village anyway?" Indra changed the subject.

"To deliver a missive to Hashirama's girlfriends father." Madara said bluntly. Hashirama's mouth flew open and he blushed.

"How long will this mission take?" Indra asked.

"A week." Hashirama answered, as his face went back to normal.

"It'd take Hashirama and I 3 days normally, to do this. If you weren't here, Indra. But you can't keep up with our speed or stamina. Hence why we are walking instead of jumping in the trees." Madara said, trying to make a point with his son.

"Let's jump! I can keep up!" Indra protested, despite knowing he'd never done that before.

"No. You can't. Your only 8. You don't possess the chakra control needed or our stamina." Hashirama said.

"I have the sharingan!"

"The sharingan is used to copy another's movements or lock them into a genjutsu world." Madara said with a raised brow. "Neither of which you've mastered, or even trained at."

Indra puffed his face out. His dad was right. He had unlocked his sharingan, but his dad never trained him to use it to its fullest potential.

"So will you train me when we get back then?" Indra asked.

Depending on how you do on this mission and at the academy, maybe." Madara answered.