Chapter 53

THE MISSION

They were all sitting down. What have started as a simple mission turned to an impossible one.

Tobirama put his hand on the ground. "We're surrounded by........... 30 of them."

"What are we going to do? That's more than double what we have." Koharu said.

"We're going to need to use the decoy method." Torifu said.

"But that means....... That whoever the decoy is........ Will surely........ Die." Kagami said looking down.

"So who's going to be the decoy?" Homura said.

Multiple minutes passed.

"Alright. I'll be the decoy." Hiruzen finally said. "Danzo take care of everyone."

"Shut your mouth! I was just about to volunteer to be the decoy." Danzo said.

"I will be the decoy." Tobirama said.

"No! You can't! Your the Hokage!" Hiruzen said.

"And you are all the precious youths of the hidden leaf village. Each one of you carry within you the will of fire. Danzo, fact of the matter is you took too long to decide. Your always competing with Saru. I want you all to protect the hidden leaf. Sarutobi. Starting tomorrow, you are Hokage." Tobirama explained.

Everyone's eyes widened in surprise.

As they were making their escape, Izumi realized she just couldn't do it.

She went back for Tobirama.

"What are you doing here?" He asked, back to back with her as they fended off attacks.

"I couldn't do it, I can't leave you behind. Call me crazy, but I love you and I would lay my life down for you." Izumi explained.

Tobirama's eyes widened in surprise. "I'd reprimand you for disobeying but I know you wouldn't listen either way, so let's just do this and see if we make it out."

They fended off attack after attack from the gold and silver brothers unit. It actually seemed like they would make it out of this mess alive.

There was a sneak attack, Tobirama didn't see it, at least not in time to dodge it.

Tobirama's eyes widened in surprise as he saw Izumi jump in front of him, taking a Kunai hit to her stomach.

Izumi fell to the ground.

"Izumi!" Tobirama yelled.

He quickly dispatched of the last remaining attacker then went to check on Izumi.

"Oh god. Izumi! I don't know any medical ninjutsu." Tobirama said.

"It's okay. Your okay. That's what matters most to me. I'm okay dying in your place." Izumi said.

"Izumi........... Your so young, why?"

"I told you. I love you." Izumi explained.

"Izumi." Tobirama said sadly.

"Do you think, we ever could've been together?" Izumi asked, coughing.

"Izumi I......... Yes." Tobirama lied looking down.

"That makes me happy." She said closing her eyes and smiling, breathing her last breath.

RETURNING TO THE VILLAGE

Tobirama returned to the village a week later with Izumi's body.

He broke the news to everyone, what had happened to Izumi and how he was alive. Leaving out a couple details, of course.

Indra and Koharu had taken it hard.

Emi and Madara had taken it harder.

Mu had taken it the worst though. Tobirama could tell that he really loved Izumi.

"Did she say anything about me?" Mu had asked.

"No. But she was gone quick." Tobirama said.

"I asked her to marry me before you all left. Told her to give me her answer when she returned, I was hoping she....." Mu trailed off.

"She didn't. But I'm sure it would've been a yes." Tobirama said, understanding what the Tsuchikage wanted to hear.

"Thank you." Mu said.

Only Tobirama and Hashirama knee the truth about what Izumi had said, did and felt in her last moments. And they both took that knowledge to their graves, not sharing the information with anyone.

FINISHED IZUMIS STORY. NEXT CHAPTERS ARE HOTARUS STORY!!! GAARA X OC