Chapter 59

A DANGEROUS MISSION! JOURNEY TO THE LAND OF WAVES

"Sasuke. I'm at point B."

"Sakura. I'm at point C."

"Hotaru. I'm at point D." I said over the radio.

"Naruto. I'm at point A. Believe it."

"Go slow Naruto. Okay. Squad 7." Kakashi said over the mic. "The target has moved! Follow it!"

All four of us follow our target and move in.

"Over there." Naruto said, as we moved positions again.

"What's your distance from the target?" Kakashi asked.

"5 meters. I'm ready just give the signal." Naruto said.

"I'm ready too." Sasuke said.

"So am I." Sakura said.

"Me too." I said into my mic.

"Okay........... Now!" Kakashi said.

We all move in, but Naruto screamed as we do.

"I got him! I got him!" Naruto said as he holds the cat.

"Can you verify ribbon on right ear?" Kakashi asked.

"Affirmative. We got a positive ID." Sasuke said as Sakura and I watch the newly captured cat destroy Naruto.

"Right. Lost pet Tora captured." Kakashi said. "Mission accomplished."

"CANT WE GET A BETTER MISSION THAN THIS? I HATE CATS!" Naruto yelled into the mic, making all of our ear pieces mess up.

HOKAGE TOWER

We all stood and watched the captured cat get smoothed after being reunited with its owner.

I titled my head as Naruto laughed.

"Stupid cat. That kitty deserves to be squashed." Naruto laughed.

"No wonder he ran away." Sakura said as I nodded.

"Now then. For squad 7's next mission, we have several available tasks. Among them, babysitting the chief counsellors 3 year old, helping his wife to do the shopping, digging up potatoes..." Lord third was cut off by Naruto.

"NO! I wanna go on a real mission! Something challenging and exciting! Not this kids stuff. C'mon of man." Naruto demanded.

'Were gonna get in trouble. Thanks Naruto.' I thought.

"How dare you! Your just a brand new genin! With no experience, like everyone else you start with simple missions to develop your skills, and prove yourself!" Iruka yelled.

"Are you serious!? Babysitting is not a mission it's just a stupid-ah!" Naruto started but was quickly shut up by a pinch to his head from Kakashi-Sensei.

"Will you put a lid on it?" Kakashi said as Naruto fell to the ground.

"Naruto." Lord Hokage said as Naruto groaned in pain. "I see that you do not understand the tasks you have been given." Naruto stopped to look at the Hokage. "Listen. Many different kinds of requests come into our village, everyday. From babysitting to assassination. These requests are carefully reported and analyzed, then ranked A, B, C or D. Depending on their difficulty. We ninja are also ranked by abilities. Hokage at the top. Jonin, Chunin and Genin at the bottom. At the highest level, we assign the missions to ninja who have the appropriate skill, and experience. And if the mission is successful, we receive a fee, that supports our village and our work. Since you are untrained genin, just starting out the shinobi path, you are given D level assignments, of course. Huh?" The Hokage explained but stopped when he realized Naruto's back was turned and we were listening to his judgement of different ramen.