Chapter 1 ~ One Day

So I typed up this chapter then I exited it and the whole thing was deleted and I got really pissed at my computer and almost punched it but I was listening to Glee music so I didn't.

Anyway, I had to rewrite the entire first chapter of Not Alone.

PS Mr Schue is just going to be called Will unless he is mentioned in a P.O.V, then he's just Mr Schue. AND Will and Emma did get married in my story so she's Mrs Schue in P.O.V's

Enjoy though!

----------------------------------------------

Ryley P.O.V

It's back to school. It's already been a couple of days. Two new guys joined the New Directions; Michael Folds and Cameron McArthur. They're really talented sophomores who just transferred to McKinley from Carmel.

The worst day began the beginning of the second week. I was just sitting in History class with Marley and we were just joking around. Mr Schue didn't care since he was joking around too. Then Mrs Schue appeared at the doorway of the classroom and Mr Schue went to talk to her. I saw Mr and Mrs Schue's faces of shock and sadness. They both looked at me as they talked. Then it happened;

"Ryley, can you please come talk to us outside?" Mr Schue asks. I get out of seat slowly, leaving Marley alone at the table.

"What ever it was, I didn't do it." I say to the Schuesters as I exit the class room.

"You didn't do anything, Ryley." Mrs Schue says.

"Then what happened?" I ask.

"Your Grandma was found on the main road of Lima. She had a heart attack and died." Mr Schue says.

"Wh-Wha-What?" I stutter.

"We're so sorry for your loss." Mrs Schue says.

I start to cry and slide my back down the wall to sit on the ground. I cry into my hands.

"I'll go get Ryder. He'll cheer you up." Mr Schue says. He walks off and about 5 minutes later, I can feel Ryder's arms around me, kissing my head lightly over and over again. He's all I have now. He's the only person I have in Lima who loves me and I count as family.

--------------------------------------------

The funeral is held a couple of days later. Ryder has to literally drag me into the chruch. I don't want to see the now dead body of my Grandma. She was the only family in Lima I had that loved me. And now they want me say a speech. I can't.

I sit near the back with Ryder on my right, holding my hand and Marley on my left with Jake next to her. I have an emotionless expression on my face as speeches are made and the priest says a whole bunch of stuff about God and death. Grandma was really religious and went to chruch every Sunday. I didn't though. I wasn't all into that kind of stuff.

As the funeral comes to an end, I see the woman I've despised my entire life;

My mother, Anna Stewart. She's near the front with my older half brother, Ethan Stewart and his girlfriend, Danielle Crawford. Ethan was born when my mom was 16 and still in High School. Her and her boyfriend at the time, Liam Hendricks, decided to have a baby at their young age.

They did and Ethan lived with my mom for a bit. Then when my mom and Liam finished school, Ethan went with Liam to Washington DC where Liam's parents lived. 2 years later, my mom met Chris Bridges, my dad, they hooked up, Mom got pregnant with me, got married then I was born.

Anyway, my mother walks up to me. She's still the same person I remember; brown hair, blue eyes and lovely cheekbones. I get most of my features from her.