Chapter 36: Separate. Lost...

Shawn

We left them... We left them!

"I can't believe you just let us leave them like that!" I said to Nash as he kept on staring blankly at our mini fire.

It was him, Carter, Bree, and I, following this psychopath! He told us, "it's every man for himself."

And I'm just standing there, looking at him like he was taking drugs or something.

But in my mind, I'm just like:

'WHAT THE FRICK IS WRONG WITH YOU?! ARE YOU SERIOUSLY GONNA LEAVE YOUR CLOSEST FRIENDS AND FAMILY BEHIND, AND SAY, OH! IT'S EVERY MAN FOR HIMSELF. You fricking prick...'

And now look where we are... Blocks away from his place, in some random home, staring at a candle we lit for heat! And they don't even know where we are... No one knows where anyone is....

I just hope they're alright.

Nash

Staring at a candle and two things probably come to mind.

One, why would the candle want to light it's head on fire? And two, why would it light his head on fire? To leave it's family behind, to only benefit itself with the warmth it takes...

I look back down at the candle and just stare at it, thinking about what I've just become.

My eyes get glossy at the thoughts and I bite my lip, just thinking about where they could be right now...

"Nash!" I heard Carter say in my ear. I looked over at him and he looks at me as if I were sleeping.

"You alright bro? You look like you're off in orbit...." He asked me and I looked back at the candle.

"I'm... Ok." I told him and I still felt someone staring into my soul. I looked up and saw Shawn death glaring me.

"What do you want?" I asked him and he shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know. Maybe it's just the fact that you left the remainder of your family, in a house full of dead cannibals!" He said, staring me down again.

I stared back into his eyes.

'Can't he just shut up already!? Just let it go! We couldn't do anything!'

"Ok! I get it! I left my family in a house full of walkers, without 'even thinking about them'! Ok, I get it! You don't have to keep on reminding me that I 'left them for dead'! I know what I did and I do feel fucking terrible about it! I wasn't thinking! I was thinking about you guys and just forgot about them! I'm sorry if I didn't want you guys to die!" I yelled and Shawn just glared at me.

"Caring about us!? All you thought about was yourself! Bree asked you, 'what about the others?' but you just said, 'we have to go or we'll die!' All you cared about was getting out of there alive!" Shawn yelled back and I just sat back in my seat.

Defeated...

Jai

I leaned against the tree and cried along with the others.

"I hate this place..." I heard James say and continued to cry.

I wiped my tears away with the outer part of my wrist and sniffled.

"What are we gonna do now?" I ask and James, Cam and Luke stop crying to look at me.

"I don't know... The others left... They're probably not coming back." Cam said, and dried up his tears.

"Should we go back?" Luke suggested and we all looked at him. "What... I though it would be good to pitch in..."

I chuckled to myself and he punched my arm. I rolled my eyes and punched him back.