Chapter 12: Future Friends & Relationships, Hopefully...

Merida

I groan and get up out of my bed. I walk up to my closet and slide the doors open.

"Wow... I have 'plenty of clothes left." I said surprised.

I grabbed some pants, short sleeve shirt, multi colored socks, a sweater that my older sister had, and a pair of sneakers, as an outfit.

I went into the bathroom, put my hair in a bun and took a quick bath.

I got out brushed my teeth and started to get dressed. I decided to leave my hair in a bun 'cause I'm too lazy to fix it, plus my "arms" messed up.

When I finished getting dressed, I looked at myself in the mirror. "I look decent... good enough." I said, and left the bathroom.

I grabbed my pistol and pocket knife, put it in my book bags side pocket, put my book bag against my back.

I struggled putting my left "arm" in the strap and screamed in frustration. "What happened?" Gilinsky asked concerned, after he bursted through the door.

I bursted out crying and sat on my bed. "Hey, it's alright. We're all gonna help you, ok?" He told me as he rubbed my back.

I looked up at him and smiled. He smiled back and grabbed my book bag.

"Wanna try again?" He asked smiling, and I nodded.

He grabbed the left strap of my book bag and slid it on. I smiled and put the right strap on my right arm.

"Thanks for helping me." I said quietly. "No problem. Whenever you need help, just yell, and I'll be there." He smiled and walked to the door.

"Ya' coming?" He asked when he stopped in the door way. "Yeah I just need to pack, 'be down there in a 'few 'minutes." I said.

He nodded and left. I took my bag off and looked through the bottom of my dresser. My mother always hid weapons in cases under my dresser, why not take them.

I moved my right arm back and forth through the dark space until I felt something familiar.

When I did, I grabbed it and yanked it out from under it and found a wide, big black case.

I searched the outside of the case and saw it needed a 6-digit passcode.

"This is easy. 06 | 02 | 96." I said and punched in the numbers as I did. I pressed a button and it popped open.

I smiled in confidence and opened the case wider.

As I did, I saw a large first aid kit, a pistol and a couple rounds of ammo. "Wow. Never 'knew she 'cared about health."

I took out the supplies and stuffed them into my bag. I checked my bag and saw that there was enough room for more stuff.

I walk over to my closet and grab two pairs of pants, two shirts, a pair of shoes, and a pair of socks.

I stuff the clothes into my bag along with a soft blanket.

I close my book bag and put my left strap on, then the right, feeling accomplished with myself.

I took a last look at my room before leaving and closing the door behind me.

Hoping this isn't the last time I'll ever be here.

Carter

Merida came down the stairs, with her head hanging low.

"Whats wrong Meri?" I asked sitting up.

"I don't want to leave! Why can't we stay here! We have plenty supplies and we can survive-" I cut her off, annoyed.

"Because we need to find our friends! We can just leave them thinking we're dead! We love those guys and we can't just leave them thinking something that's not true."