Chapter 32: For Supplies You Do Anything...

Nash

Everything's running low. It's as if the days go on, everything's running shorter... Faster.

I checked all the cabinets and hid whatever I found.

"Guys, we need more supplies! I'm gonna go on a run." I told them, and Taylor came rushing down the stairs, Ethan trailing behind.

"We're coming." They told me and we went out the door.

Taylor

We headed towards Rite-Aid and tried to open the door.

"It's boarded from the inside..." I told them. "What if there's people..." Ethan chimed in. "Then there's people. We can't help them. We have too many people and supplies are low." Nash said blankly.

I glared at him and looked back continuing to pry open the door.

Once it opened a bit, we slid through and looked around. We could see nothing...

No lights on, doors blocked... Yep, definitely survivors. "Looks like there's people." Ethan whispered.

"Don't walk around like you normally do. Crouch, don't walk. You never know if they actually have working cameras. You don't want anyone hearing or seeing you. Use your knife no matter what..." Nash whispered.

Ethan nodded and I rolled my eyes.

"So, we're each gonna check two aisles. Now go." Nash whispered harshly.

Ethan went over to aisle 1 while Nash went into aisle 3. I went over to aisle 5.

Beauty Care. A-mazing...

I went over to the next aisle; aisle 6, last one. Beverages and Snacks. Nice...

I crawled over and felt the shelves. But, after a bit, I felt something knock over and land roughly.

I heard it pop open and felt it go everywhere. Sticky, bubbly substance... Soda. (a/n; looking back on this, I realized how my mind has gotten dirty 😂)

'Never thought I would hate soda so much in my life...'

A door creaked open. A little flashlight shining in someone's hands.

"Who's there?" A small voice asked. "My names Marie." I looked up and saw a little girl standing in the door way.

"Are you bad?" She asked. She didn't see me, so I took the chance and slowly crawled back.

She waved her flashlight in different directions. But, I wouldn't say waved, more like flailing...

Her light landed on me and she jumped back a bit. I nervously smiled and she giggled.

"Hello, who are you?" She asked, taking a few steps forward. "I'm good guy Taylor." I smiled.

She smiled wider, but her smile slowly faded. "Why are you here?" She paused. "Are you here to take from us? If you are, take what you need, my mommy's sick."

My smile faded and I slowly got up. I walked over to her and kneeled in front of her.

She kept on crying and hugged me tightly.

I rubbed her back and put my chin on her shoulder.

I heard a gunfire in front of me and fell back.

I yelled in pain and gripped my arm.

"Taylor, are you okay? Dwayne, why would you do that?" She yelled, rubbing away her tears.

He pointed the gun towards me again, and Marie stood in front of me.