Chapter 9: "Another Redneck.... Finally!"

Merida

Carter cut off my arm and I screamed in pain. 'My mom just bit me.' The boys came running up the stairs, wondering why I was screaming.

I couldn't keep my eyes open long enough though. But when I started closing my eyes, Carter whispered something in my ear.

"Everything's gonna be okay Merida. Everything's gonna be fine."

Sky

We were sitting on the couch when we heard a long knock at the door.
Matt jumped off the couch and grabbed his gun.

He walked towards the door and me and Kaden ran to the other couch and hid behind it.

We heard the door and Matt started to cry. We walked out from behind the couch and saw Nash, Lyn and Taylor.

"SKY!" Nash yelled picking me up and hugging me. "I missed you." I said hugging him, tears coming out of my eyes.

"Where's Hayes?" I asked him. "We don't know where he is. He's probably with Charles." Nash said hugging me tighter.

"Where's Emely?" Taylor and Lyn asked. "She's probably with the other boys." Matt said mad.

Taylor was got angry when he heard that Em was with the other boys.

I wonder why?

Taylor

I can't believe that Cameron could be in the same shelter as Emely! Especially after what he did to her.

"We need to find them." I said seriously. "We just got here." Lyn complained.

"I don't care. I'm gonna find them, with or without you guys. I don't care which you guys choose." I said walking back over to the door.

"We're coming with you." They all said. I smiled and with that, we headed off to find the others.

Carter

Merida's been unconscious for a day. Her arm stopped bleeding but I think her arm is infected.

I decided to remove the bandages we put there yesterday, and replace them with new ones.

I removed the bandages and saw that her arm was infected. It looked a bit green.

"Guys, get me some disinfectant!" I yelled.

Johnson ran through the door first with the others right behind. Johnson handed me the disinfectant and I opened the bottle.

"Hold her down." I said. Shawn held down her left leg, Gilinsky held down her right hand and Johnson held down her right leg.

I elevated her arm and started to pour a bit of disinfectant on her arm. Merida woke up and started screaming and started wiggling around.

"It hurts!" She yelled, trying swing her arms and legs around. "I know." I said letting the tears fall. "It's gonna help you get better." I said pouring more disinfectant on her arm.

After a while of pouring disinfectant on her stub, she stopped screaming. "There. You're all better now." I said happily, wrapping a new bandage around her stub.

Merida just kept quiet.

"Look it was either this or death. And death is worse than just going through pain for a few minutes." I said looking at her.

She looked at me with sad eyes. Then hugged me. "I love you Carter. Thanks for saving me." She said, pulling away from the hug and smiling at me.

"Don't worry. I'll do anything to keep you alive."