Chapter 37: Journeys

James

We got prepared for our upcoming war and left our hiding spot.

We slowly walked back over to the house and waited to be seen. But, it didn't take a long time to...

-

"God..." Luke says breathlessly, sitting down on the ground.

We just finished defeating the herd of walkers by the house, and we're exhausted! Plus covered in blood here and there....

'Man, I would kill for a S-H-O-W-E-R...'

"Man I stink!" Cam groaned, picking at the nasty dry blood on his shirt. "Duh. We all do..." Jai said, cleaning his hands with his dirty pants.

"And there isn't any fucking water. What a great life..." Jai complained and I rolled my eyes. "Tell me. How many days, have we survived without water?" I asked them, and they all just shrugged their shoulders.

"For the Janoskians, two years. Ever since the breakout started..." I lightly laugh, and they look at me in shock. "Yeah, it's been a fucky two years. We probably smell like a bunch of hobos, and we don't even know it!" I told them, making some of them laugh.

"We need Febreze..." Cameron laughed to himself, making me roll my eyes.

-

Jack

Third wheeling... Always knew how it felt like... Single and ready to mingle, guys!

I laughed to myself and Em looked at me weirdly.

"What're you laughing at weirdo?" She laughed and I rolled my eyes. "Nothing. Just third-wheeling, as usual." I scoffed and she rolled her eyes.

"If you don't like third-wheeling, I'll hang out with you more. Just tell me when." She slightly smiled, and I smiled back.

"Em! We have a problem, Sky's sick!" Hayes yelled from upstairs, and she quickly got off the couch.

"C'mon!" Em told me, and dashed up the stairs. I followed her and we went into the room we were staying in.

-

"Ok, it's only a fever. Probably allergies. She's sneezing, her nose is a bit runny..." Hayes rambles on.

"Hayes!" Em stop him and he looks at me teary-eyed. "Its- Everything's gonna be fine... We'll figure out what to give her, Sh-" She stopped, tearing up a split second after.

"Shawn isn't here..." I spoke quietly. "We need to learn how to work with medicine by ourselves. But we need to figure out what'll make her feel better." She spoke in her normal tone, wiping away her tears.

"Soup." I told her, and she smiled, shaking her head. "Actual medicine." Hayes told me. "And the only person who has that is-" Hayes tried to explain, but I cut him off, finishing his sentence.

"Shawn..." I looked down at the floor, thinking about what could be happening right now.

-

Turns out, it wasn't such a big deal. Just, allergies...

We packed up more supplies we found, and headed out.

We didn't really know where we were going, just in one direction. Straight.

Bree

Well. Nothing much is happening...

I just got myself locked in a basement... And the guys are probably sleeping.