Chapter 29: "Here Comes The Storm, Here Comes The Rain!"

Carter

Nash and I woke up first.

We were scared to go upstairs and check to see the damage but, we built up the courage and headed up.

I went first. I wanted to be the first one to see it all. Tell them whether we can stay or not.

We were upstairs. Wasn't much but some things were out of place.

The couches were slanted, the vases for the flowers were shattered, I don't get it... This wasn't an earthquake! Was it?

I checked all the rooms on the first floor until Nash came down and told me about upstairs.

Nash

Upstairs. Perfectly fine.

But some things were out of place.

Overall, it was decent...

I went back downstairs and called Carter.

He came towards me and had curiosity written all over his face.

"It's good." I told him smiling. He sighed in relief.

Before we went back downstairs we checked to see if all the windows were boarded, just in case...

Some were loose so we got the tool kit and fixed them up.

Bree

I woke up with Cam's arms wrapped around me. I smiled to myself and wiggled out of his grasp.

I went over to the bathroom and took a shower, brushing my teeth after.

Once I got out, I changed into a grey, black-rimmed t-shirt, grey sweats, socks, sneakers, and put my hair up in a braided-bun. I grabbed my sweater, since the house didn't feel like it didn't have heat.

Before I left, I put my dirty clothes in the hamper and put in some pins to keep my hair out of my face.

"Nice." I said to myself, and left.

Hayes

I woke up, fucking tired. I couldn't sleep till the storm passed. The wind was strong, and the sound of it kept me up. The rain hit the ground hard, sounding powerful.

All I could hear every time I tried to go to sleep, was the thunder in the sky.

But I just laid in bed till whoever was in the bathroom, came out... Which was Bree.

"Did they tell you anything?" I asked her. "About what?" She asked me cluelessly. "About the house. Whether we get to stay or not." I told her.

"No, but I'm gonna go ask." She told me, and left.

I sighed and rubbed my hand over my face.

I felt the mattress dip and looked over. I saw Em facing me, but she was still sleeping.

I brought her close to me and slowly ran my fingers through her hair.

Her eyes fluttered open, yawning as she stretched.

"Morning." I said, kissing her forehead. She didn't say anything. She just cuddled up next to me, laying her head on my chest.

"I'm tired." She mumbled, closing her eyes.

"Go to sleep. I'm gonna stay right here with you." I told her, and a smile appeared on her face.

I pulled the blanket up to her shoulders and wrapped my arms back around her.