Chapter 23: "Clean Up, Clean Up, Everybody, Everywhere!"

Hayes

Bree, Nash, Taylor, Emely, and I got our cleaning supplies and went upstairs to clean the attic.

-

Once we made it into the attic, the strongest smell hit us. Hard.

"Too bad we don't have gas masks." Bree said, covering her nose. We all agreed and sighed.

"You guys take Jack. We'll clean the blood and stuff." Em said told us, and her and Bree started cleaning.

-

I grabbed Jack's right arm, Taylor got his left, and Nash got both his legs.

We started to walk out the attic when my the arm I was holding... came off. I jumped, yelling and Taylor and Nash had a look of terror on their faces.

"What happened?" The girls asked worried. They saw the scene and gasped.

Em embraced me in a hug and I gladly accepted. She ran her fingers through my hair, giggling as she did.

"Is Hayes all better now?" She said in a baby voice. I pouted and nodded my head. She chuckled to herself and her and Bree went back to cleaning.

I bent down and picked up Jack's arm with two of my fingers, gagging a bit.

Taylor and Nash laughed as I rolled my eyes.

"Why are you guys laughing? You're the ones that looked like you've seen someone's grandma naked." I said putting my hand on my hip. "Well you're the one that screamed like Carter." Taylor shot back sassily.

I quickly ran down the stairs, went through the back door and threw the arm in the metal waste bin.

I cringed and quickly ran back up the stairs, earning some weird stares from everyone as I ran.

When I came back I saw that Taylor and Nash struggling to carry Jack's body down the hallway.

I slowly crawl towards Nash and yell boo in his ear. He freaks out and drops Jack's head on the floor. And of course, the back of it goes splatting.

We all had horrified looks on our faces and we heard Bree yell. "We're not cleaning that up!"

Horror still frozen on our faces, Nash speaks up.

"Nice fucking job Hayes!" He said pissed. I bit my bottom lip and held in my laughter. All of a sudden, he slaps me across the face and I hold my cheek in pain.

"Nash what the fuck?!" Taylor said pulling him back. Tears roll down my face and I storm off into Ariana's room.

I quickly go into her bathroom and look at my face. I see a big, red hand mark slowly forming on the side of my face. I bring my hand up to touch it but I wince, once my hand makes contact.

I sit down on the toilet, leaving my head back on the walk.

'C'mon! Toughen up Hayes!'

I lift my head up once I hear the bathroom door open; I look up and see Taylor with a frozen bag of peas and Em along side him.

I slightly smile and they come towards me, handing me the stuff they brought. Em wraps her arms around me and Taylor hands me the peas to put on my face.

We walk out of the bathroom and onto Ariana's bed.

Taylor and Em start to talk about how Nash stormed off leaving the house, just to take a walk.

"I don't care about that bitch." I said angrily. "You're just saying that because he left his hand on your face." Taylor said. I glared at him and he put his hands up in surrender.