Chapter 25: The Troubles Start... But The Fun Comes Back

Grayson

I woke up and went downstairs to see Shawn and Carter talking.

"What happened?" I asked, clearing my throat after. Lately my allergies have been acting up, and I absolutely hate it.

"A lot." Shawn said lowly. "And what's 'a lot?'" I asked again. "Emely got hit.... Because of Hayes and I." He hissed, and my eyes widened a bit.

"Where is she?" I asked them. "Upstairs." Carter told me and I quickly jogged back up the stairs.

I opened the door and looked around. She wasn't on Ariana's bed.

'How did I not notice?'

I went over to the bathroom door and tried twisting the knob but it didn't work. I lightly knocked on the door and heard crying in the other side.

"Go away." I heard her say. "It's me, Grayson." I said putting my head on the door.

The door opened and I saw her sitting on the toilet seat, legs cross-crossed with a sweater on her shoulders.

She looked up and I saw her black eye.

"Who actually did this?" I asked as I came closer. "Hayes..." She said lowly. I huffed and tears came out of her eyes.

"Don't cry," I told her, "let's just get you cleaned up." She smiled and stood up.

I opened the bathroom mirror and got out the first-aid kit packed inside. I opened it up and got out the alcohol wipes. I opened it up and threw the paper in the garbage.

"This may sting..." I warned and she slightly nodded. She bit her lip as I came in contact with her cut.

"There." I said as I smiled. She smiled and walked over to the mirror.

Once she saw her reflection, she lightly gasped and looked closer.

"I look hideous." She said to herself. I put my hand on her shoulder and shook my head. "No you don't, you look like a little warrior." And a light smile appeared on her face, but it slowly faded. "An ugly warrior." She mumbled, looking down into the sink.

"Whoever said warriors needed good looks; they're remembered for their toughness and bravery." I told her and her smile appeared once again.

"Thanks Dolan." She said and turned around. She gave me a peck on the cheek and hugged me. I hesitated at first but hugged her back. She let go and flashed me a smile.

She walked out the bathroom and I followed behind.

We walked back downstairs and let's just say, we saw some things.

Nash

"Nash, it was nothing!" Lyn told me, and I gripped my hands tightly together.

Ethan and Lyn were too close for my comfort on the couch, and something almost happened.

"What was going on?" I asked him firmly. "Nothing." Ethan told me, and I huffed; I felt like steam was coming out of my ears.

I couldn't take it; my fist swung and Ethan fell to the floor.

Lyn

"NASH!" I yelled. I looked around to find something but I only found Grayson and Emely near the stairs, wide-eyed from the conflict.

"Aren't you guys gonna help!?" I asked loudly. Em and Grayson came over and helped me seperate the fight but it didn't really end well.

I got a cut lip and Em had gotten an elbow to the stomach.