Chapter 54 - 『How To Make Huan-ge Qi Deviate 101 By Lan Wangji』

Wei Ying is smart, maybe will be even famed a genius if Cale Henituse didn't get to reincarnate in this world. But most of the time, he's more capable of being a dense idiot.

"Lan Zhan! Can I borrow your forehead ribbon?" He asks, once upon a time since he was annoyed at some random peacock's mockery towards him.

Jin Xuzin...Jin Zinxu...ah whatever! A Jin bastard!

Lan Xichen visibly flinched as he looked at both of his and lover's little brothers, and tried to tell the information about their forehead ribbon if not for Lan Wangji removing the said ribbon and gave it to Wei Ying nonchalantly.

Cale, who was beside Lan Xichen, spat out his water as he coughed in disbelief. Lan Xichen patting his back in attempt to ease his coughing if possible.

What in the ever loving fuck. Even Lan Qiren who was one of the spectators of the night hunt could be seen almost Qi deviating if not for Wen Qing easing the old man's meridians.

"Wei Ying." Cale calls as he held both of his brother's shoulders.

"Why didn't you tell me?" The redhead asks in disbelief, in which the younger simply tilts his head in confusion.

"Tell you what?"

In such case, Cale realized that his brother didn't have an ounce of idea on what Lan Wangji allowed by removing his forehead ribbon.

'I thought I'm already dense, but this brat is worse than me.'

Atleast he admitted he is dense.

"...Never mind."

Cale ought to look after Wei Ying for a while as he glanced at Lan Wangji, his reddish-brown eyes becoming sharp.

'Ah really, how bothersome.'

"Gege!" A familiar voice resounded before Cale felt something hit his chest.

"Xue Yang. You're joining the night hunt too?"

The child who was now slowly becoming tall considering the height difference disappearing, hums in answer as his eyes glinted.

"Sect Leader Jiang allowed me to do so! Even Wen Ning is joining!"

Cale hums in curiosity, wondering when did the two became close before shrugging it off.

"A-Yang."

The said child, teenager looks at the older, "What is it, gege?"

Cale burrows the feeling of guilt in his chest, since it'll be almost a year since he took Xue Yang back to Yunmeng Jiang.

"How old are you this year?"

The first time the redhead and Xue Yang had met, Cale had assessed that the child is roughly nine or ten years old. But looking at him now, it seems that feeding him a lot of food and giving a proper roof under his head skyrocketed his growth in a span of months.

"I don't really know. But maybe twelve or thirteen this year, gege."

Cale nods, humming to himself while contemplating.

Just then, Lan Xichen leans in to whisper in his ear.

"Should we give him a birthday party?"

Cale simply laughs, considering that Lans are not the ones to party since they are restricted with their own rules.

"Let's talk about it more after the night hunt." Cale whispers back before looking at his brothers who were showing off their skills.

Cale sighed again when he saw Wei Ying blindfolded by Lan Wangji's headband, shaking his head as the younger easily hit bullseye against the target.