51.

she hadn't spoken to jungwoo. too hurt by his betrayal. how someone she considered a friend could use her weakness to take something away from her, she couldn't process it. couldn't understand.

so after work she decided to walk back to her apartment. which was actually pretty far. it was a forty five minute or so walk, but she needed it. needed to take the time to relax herself to get her mind off of the things that were causing her so much distress.

her therapist recommended she find things that would help her destress. so walking was what she decided to do. so many stressful things in her life and all she could do was walk.

she also liked walking because it made it longer to get to her apartment. it was always so lonely now. not that loving warm environment she was used to. when she'd get home and hyungwon was seated at the couch reading a book or editing on his work laptop. she could just curl into him and enjoy his presence but that wasn't an option. she wasn't even sure how he was doing.

she also hated the idea of eating alone.

which she didn't understand to be quite honest, because she did it so many times before. before hyungwon. when she was in her old apartment. when she was married to kang. she would eat, sleep and do everything alone.

in those moments she had no one. absolutely not a single person who would call or check up on her.

this time she had people, to call to check on her. to help her escape the loneliness, yet she was too afraid to step out of the funk she currently was in.

"hello," the old woman said as she stepped into the elevator with nari. "you're the girl who was mad at her handsome boyfriend on new years. you still mad at him?"

nari nods, "oh, no." she responds to the woman giving her a polite smile as she presses the elevator button.

"ah, how is he? he left already?" she asks, as nari gave her a confused look. "he told me that night he was leaving to the military."

"oh," nari responds and nods her head, "yeah he left a little over a month ago. i haven't spoken to him, i'm assuming he's ok."

the older woman nods, "he seems like a strong boy, he probably is doing ok." she says to nari. "you two get married?"

nari shakes her head, "no. not yet. we haven't talked about marriage, our relationship is still on the newer side of things."

"ah you two should have been married."

"hm?" she asked confused.

"you get to see him more, and married men are more likely to serve in a less dangerous positions. bonus if you have children." she explained. "you should have gotten married or had a child."

nari feeling defensive, "we were." she responded to the complete stranger that she had no reason to explain herself to. but due to her emotions she didn't and couldn't hold her words back. "we were going to but we lost our baby."

"oh i'm sorry i didn't know," the woman could tell the girl was defensive, even though she did not mean to offend her. "i shouldn't have pried."

nari just nodded, and looked down.

"i'm sorry," she responded to her again as she gets off on her floor. "have a nice night."

she chewed on her lower lip knowing now, it wouldn't be a nice night it hasn't been a nice night. she got off on her floor when the doors opened and made her way to the apartment. slipping on her slippers and tossing her work bag to the side. she made he way to the kitchen, grabbing a wine glass and a bottle of wine from the fridge.